Does the StreetPass bug still exist?

#1scorejunkiePosted 8/19/2011 11:25:32 PM
The one where if the battery completely drains you cannot tag any previous Miis again? I just got a 3DS last week and this is my first time hearing about this.
#2Toke4usPosted 8/20/2011 12:18:23 AM
It's bull. Been there, done that, tagged them.
---
I'd rather stick my wedding tackle into a lions mouth and then flick it's love-spuds with a wet towel (07/14/09)
http://tinypic.com/r/23to6jt/7 FC:210586871690
#3thedicemasterPosted 8/20/2011 1:23:30 AM
in normal use the battery can't drain that far.
you'd have to either leave your 3DS alone for a couple of years, or let it drain and then repeatedly try to turn it on.
#4Tempest_betaPosted 8/20/2011 5:01:06 AM
Nope, the bug either never existed or was patched. A friend of mine removes his battery completely whenever Netflix freezes and we still tag. (I keep telling him to hold the power button, he says he does, I don't believe him.)
#5katysuPosted 8/20/2011 5:34:32 AM(edited)
I have heard about this bug if you take your battery out (say to replace it with the Nyko) - don't really understand the technicalities, but the upshot is that players you have streetpassed with before, you won't be able to steetpass with again.
Its a problem if you regularly streetpass with other family members - the thread I saw most detail about it was on the nintendolife forum, way back:

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/serious_streetpass_bug

The solution - you could prevent it happening if you were very fast in exchanging the batteries over, no more than 10 seconds.
Otherwise you had to system format - drastic, takes you back to as if console was new.

Has it been fixed? - I don't know, not seen anything about it recently and that original thread was started in April.

Does the 10 seconds leeway tie in with what Tempest_beta says?
I wouldn't be concerned about it, unless I was taking the battery out.
#6RockmanZeroXEXEDashPosted 8/20/2011 5:44:52 AM
Well the bug happened to me when i changed the battery. I would only tag my freind once a week but right after changing the battery it wouldnt work. Funny thing tho is that the same day we went to a convention. i got like 20 tags that day and late that afternoon i got one from my freind again. Been working properly ever since.

So i can say that the bug is at least not perminent, but i have no clue what fixed it.
---
PSN: Rockmanxexe
MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3
#7Gavin_RozeePosted 8/20/2011 5:48:05 AM
The bug is still there. If you remove your battery you won't be able to StreetPass with previous Miis, but only for a while. I removed my battery, and then I was unable to StreetPass with my girlfriend for about three weeks until we just randomly StreetPassed again when we were out.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.