I could buy a 3DS right now? Should I...or should I wait?

#1suppadancesarPosted 8/20/2011 5:39:12 AM
I'm not to sure.

On the Island where I live I have yet to see anyone w/ one so I haven't been able to see it's 3D capabilities,it's graphics,or anything at all.

Is the 3D really as amazing as I've seen people describe it on this board when the system was just released?

How about the games? Are there any worth getting? I prefer long rpg's but I haven't heard of any for the system except for the remake of ocarina which I've already beaten.

What about the virtual store? Are there any GBA games available for purchase?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of feedback,good or bad, on the 3DS as a whole.

Was actually thinking to just pre-order a Vita,but thought I'd get yalls opinions first.
---
Having all consoles = lol-ing @ system fanboys - Me.
I lol @ http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=1337
#2MordecaiRocksPosted 8/20/2011 5:42:24 AM
What island do you live on? Also, I would wait until a few games that interested me were released before I buy the system, if I was you.
---
You know who else needs supervision? MY MOM!!!!!
#3Ianio82Posted 8/20/2011 5:56:36 AM
I just happened to purchase my 3DS yesterday morning. So far, I'm happy with it. I purchased two games along with the handheld... Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Dead or Alive: Dimensions.

If you ever played OoT on the N64, Gamecube, Wii, or PC (via emulation) and you enjoyed that experience, then you most likely will enjoy the 3DS version more. The graphics have been updated and look very nice. In 3D mode, everything looks incredibly sharp and it is such a joy to see this games enhancements. If you've never played OoT, I'd highly suggest getting it for 3DS. Very good game and will provide you with many hours of gameplay.

I happen to be a Dead or Alive fan and have been since DoA2 was released for Dreamcast. DoAD is a combination of elements and characters from DoA 1-4. On the 3DS screen, the graphics look like they could pass as Playstation 2.5 graphics. I say 2.5 because it would fall between PS2 and PS3 levels of visuals. Very nice looking on a small screen. 3D for this game isn't as impressive as it is for Zelda OoT3D, but still are welcomed and enjoyable. The controls are spot on if you have ever played a past DoA game.

The 3DS is a nice little handheld and this is coming from an Apple fan (I enjoy playing iPad and iPhone games). Screen quality isn't as sharp as retina display and such, but still looks very good none-the-less. The 3D effects are very nice looking... And if that isn't you thing, all games can be played in 2D as well.

When I checked the virtual console store, I see that there are mainly original Gameboy games. I have yet too see any GBA titles, but I hear they will be coming. The 3DS is only about five months old and Nintendo is usually slow with releasing virtual console games (at least that is how I saw it with the Wii). There are also some old classics that have been updated with 3D effects (such as Excitebike for the original NES).

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. I am very much enjoying both games I own and look forward to future titles. Nintendo always delivers when it comes to their classics brand of fun, and I suspect that in the long run, the 3DS will be just the same Nintendo experience most have come to know and love.
#4AstralFearPosted 8/20/2011 6:06:12 AM
Wait. The Flare Red 3DS is coming out next month, or wait until November/ December for the Mario games.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5578-9773 AstralFear
Games I want: Vita: 12 3DS: 4(will see what next year brings)
#5miso870Posted 8/20/2011 6:12:33 AM
I'd wait until the library's better. The RPGs aren't even coming out until 2012 anyways (disregarding Overclocked).
#6pikachupwnagePosted 8/20/2011 6:42:40 AM
suppadancesar posted...
I'm not to sure.

On the Island where I live I have yet to see anyone w/ one so I haven't been able to see it's 3D capabilities,it's graphics,or anything at all.

Is the 3D really as amazing as I've seen people describe it on this board when the system was just released?

How about the games? Are there any worth getting? I prefer long rpg's but I haven't heard of any for the system except for the remake of ocarina which I've already beaten.

What about the virtual store? Are there any GBA games available for purchase?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of feedback,good or bad, on the 3DS as a whole.

Was actually thinking to just pre-order a Vita,but thought I'd get yalls opinions first.

Ocarina of time 3d has touch screen menu which is much easier to use then the originals menu gyroscope aiming for certain items(optinal can use circle pad to aim) better graphics 3D, and a mirrode master quest where enemies do double damage. if you never played master quest get OOT3D.

Get ghost recon shadow wars its a lenghty turn based stragtegy game. kinda like fire emblem with guns.

pac man and galaga dimesionsis great. has online leaderboards.

shin megami tensi devil survior overclocked (a rpg) comes out on the 23rd.

get donkey kong links awakening and game and watch gallery on the eshop
---
3DS ambassador member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#71shadetail1Posted 8/20/2011 6:48:37 AM
We really can't help you with this, TC. You need to make up your own mind. If there are no games that interest you and you aren't sure you can use it to its full capacity, then you shouldn't even need to ask us; you should already know that you don't really want it.

There's nothing wrong with being patient until you see a better game library. That's what I always do with a new game system: wait for both the games and the first price drop. And for me, there are enough games (and a low enough price) to have justified the purchase. If the same isn't true for you, then keep waiting.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#8MrFwibblesPosted 8/20/2011 6:58:35 AM(edited)
If you're unsure, wait. Play a demo unit if you can find somewhere with one. Look at the full list of games that are upcoming/released (on this very site). Watch some gameplay footage of the games that interest you. Consider the negative aspects of buying the system now (higher price than if you buy later, software still quite expensive, battery life will probably be improved in the inevitable next model). You have to weigh up your excitement for the games against these things, and then you'll have your answer.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
#9Drw389Posted 8/20/2011 7:22:45 AM
You live on a freaking island, go the beach.
---
Daniel - 3DS FC 3909-7553-6293
#10klajdi6363Posted 8/20/2011 7:41:15 AM(edited)
i'm in the same boat as tc after seeing mario 3ds and mario kart 7 in action, i knew it was inevitable i had to get one which is much more convinient due to the price cut. i'm a massive zelda fan though and i'm wondering what (if any) zelda games they have available on the eshop. i know ninty will be releasing four swords soon for free, but i heard they were offering other zelda games for free for some reason. i don't think it has anything to do with the ambassador program thing, but because it's zelda's 25th anniversary. also something i'm not getting a clear anser for, is the 3ds backwards compatible with ds games? i really want to play zelda spirit tracks since i missed out on it but i need to be sure it works on a 3ds if not a dsi?
---
The internet: Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are the FBI
Shinnok for DLC!