Thinking of picking up a 3DS today!

#1manchester1009Posted 8/20/2011 9:11:24 AM
I was originally going to buy one about 3 weeks ago but held off for some reason, however I saw the futureshop newsletter this morning and saw the 3DS is only 169.99 plus a free carrying case.

I think I would purchase Zelda along with it but do you guys have any other recommendations on games I can pick up?

Or should i wait til the holiday season for a bundle?
#2EmpirorPosted 8/20/2011 9:13:10 AM
It really depends on what kind of games you like for what kinda games I'd suggest :P
Also, waiting or not till the holidays is your call but I'd imagine the 3ds would be very hard to get then
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Altima_Frontier/index/ for pogymanz
#3shikaka22Posted 8/20/2011 9:19:24 AM
All of the mainstream Capcom zombies here are going to post the usual "Street Fighter and Resident Evil Mercs!! Duh!!"

but these are the real gems on the 3DS right now:
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (Fire Emblem with guns)
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions
Pilotwings Resort
Dead or Alive Dimensions

next month check out:
Bit.Trip Saga
Star Fox 64
#4pikachupwnagePosted 8/20/2011 9:23:19 AM
manchester1009 posted...
I was originally going to buy one about 3 weeks ago but held off for some reason, however I saw the futureshop newsletter this morning and saw the 3DS is only 169.99 plus a free carrying case.

I think I would purchase Zelda along with it but do you guys have any other recommendations on games I can pick up?

Or should i wait til the holiday season for a bundle?

get now at holidays it will fly off the shelfs.

follow theses steps for an awesome 3ds

1.buy 3ds
2.buy OOT3D
3.buy Ghost recon shadow wars
4.buy pac man and galaga dimesions (its on sale at target for 25$) (if you get that can you give me your freind code so we can compete for high scores?
5.at least 2 20$ eshop cards
6.pre order Super mario 3D land and kid icarus uprising
7.download links awakening, donkey kong, and game and watch gallery of the eshop (save the rest for stuff like megaman wilys revenge metriod 2 and the 3dsware coming later this year)
8.enjoy your games
---
3DS ambassador member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#5shikaka22Posted 8/20/2011 9:35:32 AM
^^ listen to this Pikachu guy. It looks like he has good taste in both retail AND downloadable games.
#6Spiffy247Posted 8/20/2011 9:38:30 AM
I agree with Archduke Pikachu. I suggest you look into Samurai Warriors Chronicles to get at a later date. I'm having lots of fun with it. But Zelda is the best game to start with.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#7derekfishbowlPosted 8/20/2011 10:24:55 AM
Well, definitely get Zelda OoT. If you like fighters, SSF4 will keep you busy for a long while.

There are a lot of good cheap downloadable games (Link's Awakening, Donkey Kong '94, Avenging Spirit, Let's Golf 3D, plus many good DSiWare games which I won't specifically list).

For retail, we are going to see a lot of good quality games come out starting in September. My wishlist for the rest of 2011:

StarFox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Bit Trip Saga
Shinobi
Dr. Lautrec
FIFA Soccer (if reviews are good)
Kirby Mass Attack (DS)