So after having my 3DS for a while, I noticed a build problem...

#1Orange_ApplesPosted 8/20/2011 2:13:04 PM
So after a while of having the thing, I noticed that if I have it closed and in the travel case for a while, I'll open it up and there are marks on the top screen that outline the frame of the bottom screen and the circle pad.

to remedy the situation I cut out a piece of paper that covers the screen so when it is closed nothing can leave marks, and it works, though it is kinda annoying.

So I was wondering, is this a common problem? If it is, what have you tried to do to fix it?
---
The order I like the Final Fantasy series: 4>8>7>10=12>3 Currently playing: Final Fantasy IX
Pokemon Black FC: 3611 1768 5629
#2Final Fantasy2389Posted 8/20/2011 2:14:02 PM
It is a common problem known since launch.

microfiber cloth folded in half that I put inside my 3DS before closing.
---
Please, call me FF.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/623bored/72511.gif
#3Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2011 2:18:41 PM
known about since launch? how strange for Nintendo to gave it such a poor design... I don't remember having a problem like this with the DS family... Well, I guess it can't have everything...
---
The order I like the Final Fantasy series: 4>8>7>10=12>3 Currently playing: Final Fantasy IX
#4Starwars4JPosted 8/20/2011 2:20:00 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
known about since launch? how strange for Nintendo to gave it such a poor design... I don't remember having a problem like this with the DS family... Well, I guess it can't have everything...

Did the DS have two different-sized screens?

Anyway if it damages the top screen just send it in to Nintendo. They're aware of the issue and fix it for free. Newer models apparently have this fixed. It's simply a matter of the rubber feet on the top screen being too short.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2011 2:23:43 PM
that is very true, the screens were the same size, so the frames just touched the other frames...

well, I guess it isn't a major problem, but definitely an annoyance.
---
#6seb03Posted 8/20/2011 3:53:26 PM
nintendo are lazy. must have known about this problem but hoped we would not notice
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#7chestershadowPosted 8/20/2011 3:56:25 PM
seb03 posted...
nintendo are lazy. must have known about this problem but hoped we would not notice

You're either an idiot or blind. Read up a few posts and it's already been said what the issue is, and it's since been "resolved." the rubber feet on some of the initial batches were alittle too short. If they're the right length, there is no issue. It's a manufacturer's error, not nintendo's.