I never thought I'd say this, but....

#1chestershadowPosted 8/20/2011 6:02:00 PM
... the lack of sports titles is somewhat disturbing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never lump games like Madden with gems like Zelda, etc but the fact that there aren't any signs of some decent sports games on the horizon is a bit disappointing. I don't even like football, but the fact that Madden 12 was announced and now theres not a single trace of it is alittle odd. Even the gfaqs board for it is gone. Would absolutely love to play nhl 12 on the go and in 3d (really the only sport I care about anyway).

Also, anyone think theres a chance of Nintendo releasing their gb hockey game for VC at some point in the near future? I mean we already got tennis and baseball, so why not? I'd have to say the hockey one is probably the best one of the gb nintendo sports games, but thats just my opinion I guess.
#2chickenturkey10Posted 8/20/2011 6:05:01 PM
I don't know. I think sports are better played outside than on a handheld game system. I don't find it strange the lack of titles though.
---
Wii code: 3632-6979-8230-7885
#3chestershadow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2011 6:08:37 PM(edited)
chickenturkey10 posted...
I don't know. I think sports are better played outside than on a handheld game system. I don't find it strange the lack of titles though.

thanks for being a smartass.

I do play sports, I play Ice and roller hockey year round on a few travelling teams. ( Keep in mind I did use the words "sports TITLES" ) I'd have liked an NHL 12 for my 3ds so I have something to do on long bus trips for state tournaments and qualifiers.
#4DT-FoxPosted 8/20/2011 6:15:58 PM(edited)
Handheld versions of established sports games always seem to fly under the radar. And they only seem to be a fraction as good as the console versions, anyway (IMO). Heck, Madden NFL 3DS didn't even have online capabilities. There wasn't even a YEAR attached to it!

But I'm sure once/if 3DS pick up some more, we'll be seeing every sports game under the sun make its way to the 3DS.
---
Next Let's Play: TBA
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTFaux
#5PinchekriaPosted 8/20/2011 6:17:30 PM
Play them on a home console, in hd, better online to join matches with your friends, and voice chat. FPS's and sports titles should just stay on home consoles instead of being terrible ports on handhelds.
---
PSN/Xbox Live/Steam: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#6MattperdPosted 8/20/2011 6:19:17 PM
Pinchekria posted...
Play them on a home console, in hd, better online to join matches with your friends, and voice chat. FPS's and sports titles should just stay on home consoles instead of being terrible ports on handhelds.

With games like Mario Tennis: Power Tour, and Call of Duty and Metroid Prime: Hunters on handhelds, I respectfully disagree.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#7toma13Posted 8/20/2011 6:29:49 PM
I'd love a portable NHL game. It's also the only sport that I care about.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#8PinchekriaPosted 8/20/2011 6:36:07 PM(edited)

With games like Mario Tennis: Power Tour, and Call of Duty and Metroid Prime: Hunters on handhelds, I respectfully disagree.

Sure if aiming the gun with a stylus is your thing. Would have been better if they added another circle pad under the buttons for the 3DS, since it's bound to have FPS's also.
---
PSN/Xbox Live/Steam: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#9chestershadow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2011 6:38:27 PM
Pinchekria posted...
except for the fact that I listed why I wanted a portable and 3d version. Its not like I don't play on my 360, ps3, etc. I do nhl 11 online on my ps3 all the time, and I fully intend on getting nhl 12 on my ps3 as well. It would have been nice to ALSO have a portable version for my long bus trips across the country for my traveling hockey tournaments and state qualifiers. Hell, I know a few people on each one of my teams that would probably do the same, even without online multiplayer, playing my friends on the bus while we head to one of our games (or for that matter coming back) would be pretty cool.
#10chestershadow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2011 6:46:01 PM
Pinchekria posted...
Sure if aiming the gun with a stylus is your thing. Would have been better if they added another circle pad under the buttons for the 3DS, since it's bound to have FPS's also.

honestly, as long as you're not left-handed, the call of duty and metroid prime games on the ds worked rather well. Its alittle harder to move with the a,b,x,y buttons as opposed to the d-pad or slide-pad, so I do have sympathy for my left-handed fellow gamer.

I do think there should have been another slidepad, but oh well, I wasn't exactly part of the design team for the 3ds, because if I was, there would most certainly be another one (if for nothing more than to shut up every cocky vita fanboy on that point).