Is it worth it to get one right now or should I wait some more?

#1kk2extremePosted 8/21/2011 5:21:47 PM
I have a DS lite and thinking of an upgrade, with the price drop an all... I am thinking of getting one (flaming red). But I am still unsure about getting one or not...
---
PSN: KXZ0
#2GonTo30Posted 8/21/2011 5:22:51 PM
kk2extreme posted...
I have a DS lite and thinking of an upgrade, with the price drop an all... I am thinking of getting one (flaming red). But I am still unsure about getting one or not...

Do you like Nintendo's first party games? Then yes, get this as fast as you can RUN RUN!!!
---
3DS owner waiting for Super Mario 3D Land
#3Lost_Seraph09Posted 8/21/2011 5:33:15 PM
Well you'll have to wait if you want the red one.
#4Spiffy247Posted 8/21/2011 5:34:44 PM
From the look of it, The system should be picking up speed around the holidays. I suggest you look at reviews, and buy it if it has 5 or more games you want.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#5SOLIDHIGGIPosted 8/21/2011 5:56:13 PM
yea get it soon the holidays are closing in got mine on layaway
---
currently waiting for my 3ds to be payed off
#6The_BonesPosted 8/21/2011 5:56:37 PM
Are there any games out for it that you want right now? If so then yes. If not then you might as well wait until there is a game out you want for it.
#7zeldashoPosted 8/21/2011 5:59:19 PM
Its up to you truthfully. Most of the high rated games now currently are remakes/ports though. (The other good ones are niche games, like Ghost Recon, Samurai Warriors, and Shin Megami Tensei this week). So you'd probally be waiting till close to the end of the year for the games to start rolling out consistantly.

Then again, seeing as this is the 3DS's first year, and the price drop just hit.....you "Might" have difficulty finding one near the holidays. Then again, just a wild guess.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN: SgtWiggles MGO:Sgt.Jiggles
Now Playing:MGO, SSF4:AE, DW:Gundam 3, BlazBlue CS, Arcana Heart 3, EDF, Insect Armageddon, Etrian Oddysey 3
#8GeekyDadPosted 8/21/2011 6:00:10 PM
Wait...

I can literally count on one hand the games worth owning for this system. I just got back from browsing Gamefly...again, and man, it's like digging through a dumpster. There's the stuff I've already played to death or own, and then there's everything else. And by everything else, I mean very little and it's all crappy.

Not hating on 3DS. I like my system. Just saying, if you're not sure, wait. Wait 'til at least November, and then I think you'll have a lot more to keep you busy, as will we all.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#9kk2extreme(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2011 10:31:23 PM
I guess I will wait for holiday season, for my DS, most of the games are 3rd party, and only a few are first party though
---
PSN: KXZ0
#10Pixx0Posted 8/22/2011 6:21:37 AM
http://kotaku.com/5833113/so-much-time-so-many-crappy+sounding-3ds-games

"Kuso Game of the Year" , nice one haha

No reason to buy one now unless you're a die hard ninty fan who will buy everything the company throws to you.