Is it worth it to get one right now or should I wait some more?

#11Space_FerretPosted 8/22/2011 6:14:31 AM
It's actually a pretty good deal if you can trade in an older DS system towards it. I traded my Lite and some games for various consoles. Ended up paying $33 for the 3DS, which was a pretty good deal IMHO. However, if you wait until closer to Christmas, then there will most likely be bundles and more color choices. Also, if you're wanting the red one, I think Gamestop's trade-in bonus offer ends before that color releases. The red 3DS comes out in September, and I think the trade-in bonus for older DS models ends Aug. 26 or somewhere thereabouts.
---
I <3 P3P, Ace Attorney, Dragon Age , and Mass Effect.
#12derekfishbowlPosted 8/22/2011 6:34:34 AM
There are several good games out now, but starting in September there are going to be lot of great games released. By the time the flare red comes out, there will be plenty of reasons to own the system so I say go for it.
#13Soccer009Posted 8/22/2011 6:45:16 AM
Space_Ferret posted...
It's actually a pretty good deal if you can trade in an older DS system towards it. I traded my Lite and some games for various consoles. Ended up paying $33 for the 3DS, which was a pretty good deal IMHO. However,
Ok why does everyone think they paid less for the 3DS with the deal when you obviously didn't how much did you pay for the DS lite how much did you pay for the games? Probably more than 140 it doesn't matter that you played them or beat them you're still paying a price a lot greater than 33 dollars! I don't mind when people say 100 or 120 but 33 has to be an ignorant person to think this...gamestop rips you off on the games too they give you half of what they're selling it for so gamestop doesn't look at it as $33
---
Proud and True Ambassador of the 3DS