RUMOR - Fire Emblem on the way to 3DS? ( Article)

#21CHOVI3Posted 8/22/2011 2:13:45 PM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
I know it's a bit off-topic but since this "rumour" started it reminded me that I've had Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for DS since the day it launched but I only played like the first 30 minutes of it. Should I go back to it and start it again? Can't really remember anything about it.

I didn't like that game, that happened to me as well. I guess you should go back to it just for the sake of making it worth the money...
---
If there is evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of man.
Hadou no Sanjuu Ichi: Shakkahou!
#22DavCubePosted 8/22/2011 4:58:07 PM
Of course it's fake. Just like FE3DS getting localised.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#23FoofyheadPosted 8/22/2011 5:08:27 PM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
I know it's a bit off-topic but since this "rumour" started it reminded me that I've had Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for DS since the day it launched but I only played like the first 30 minutes of it. Should I go back to it and start it again? Can't really remember anything about it.

same here.
---
Beware the moors.
And stay on the road.
#24KyoskuePosted 8/22/2011 5:37:11 PM
Endgame posted...
there's already a topic about it, and it's apparently an old rumor that was proven false

and I'll tell you how it's fake right now: they only make two games per continent, this alleged game takes place in Elibe (where Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword took place), therefore it would break the tradition (why break it now?)

Don't Fire Emblems 1-3 all take place on the same continent?

plus, they didn't even bother bringing New Mystery of the Emblem outside of Japan, and both SD and NMotE have been fairly lazy remakes (not as lazy as OoT and SF64 mind you), and now you mean to tell me they're making a new Fire Emblem from scratch instead of making a similar lazy remake for Genealogy of Holy War? I don't think so

This I can agree on.
Still want NMotE over here though.
#25RaulsenPosted 8/22/2011 5:48:53 PM
Foofyhead posted...
Gavin_Rozee posted...

same here.

Play it for the gameplay and not the story and you'll be fine. Granted, they didn't have much to work with considering this game is a remake of an NES title, but it's still below normal FE standards.
---
Yes, I'm a Christian and 100% proud of it. God Bless!
You're not alone anymore. We're together, and I'm not leaving you. -The City in the Snow Globe
#26KyoskuePosted 8/22/2011 7:12:05 PM
Mattperd posted...
I remember a few ports in the PSP's launch too. Ape Escape immediatly comes to mind- and it even had worse load times then the original.

But then later on came DISSIDIA, Kingdom HEarts, Phantasy Star, and LUNAR. I know the 3DS will get great gems later too.

Lunar is a port too.
I believe it originated on Sega CD, and it's also available on PS One & GBA.
It's sequel; Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, was also brought to PS One.
Finally, there's a pretty lame 3rd game on the DS called Lunar: Dragon Song.