Mercenaries + Dead or Alive OR Star Fox 64

#1Naveen93Posted 8/22/2011 4:32:44 AM(edited)
So I need some new games and I have $40 that I can afford to spend on video games. Resident Evil Mercenaries and Dead or Alive: Dimensions are both on sale for $20 each at Best Buy. So I can get BOTH of those games this week, or wait a couple of weeks and get Star Fox 64.

Note: I have never played any games of either series (so Star Fox 64 would be a relatively new experience for me). I was excited about Star Fox, but I heard that it's really short, and I'm not the type of person who replays games multiple times just for the hell of it. Meanwhile, Resident Evil and DOA seem to be games that I could pick up and play for months.

Also, I'm leaning towards RE + DOA because as of now, I only have OoT3D and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. While the two games I have right now are a lot of fun, I really want to see how powerful the system can be graphically, and RE/DOA seem to have the best graphics so far.
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started 1/27/2011
#2Mario_BonesPosted 8/22/2011 4:39:42 AM
Star Fox isn't worth full price imo, especially with no online. I wouldn't say Mercs is worth full price either, but getting it and DoA cheap is a good deal, and much better than Starfox
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#3simondakingPosted 8/22/2011 4:56:57 AM
I would go with starfox.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1934 - 0847 - 7915
#4UlttimaaPosted 8/22/2011 4:59:40 AM
Mario_Bones posted...
Star Fox isn't worth full price imo, especially with no online. I wouldn't say Mercs is worth full price either, but getting it and DoA cheap is a good deal, and much better than Starfox

Star Fox 64 3D has online.
---
PSN: NeutralBees | Xlink Kai: NeutralBees
http://youtube.com/user/Ulttimaa
#5Naveen93(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2011 5:09:21 AM
Seeing as I don't know anyone with a 3DS, multiplayer isn't really a factor for any of the games I'm interested in.
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started 1/27/2011
#6KaiserKanePosted 8/22/2011 5:14:10 AM
Well Starfox isn't really a game that you beat once and move on IF you like to go back and fully complete the game.

For instance, in Starfox, you can go back and you get a medal for each level if you kill enough enemies.
If you're not a completionist, then I wouldn't recommend it if you think about beating it just once.
#7VenomRECPosted 8/22/2011 5:38:12 AM
Ulttimaa posted...
Mario_Bones posted...

No it does not, it only has local multiplayer.
---
DBZ BT3 [4941-4539-7422]
Psn:Venomreq
#8Mario_BonesPosted 8/22/2011 5:38:31 AM
Ulttimaa posted...
Mario_Bones posted...

Uh... no?
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#9fitbikeco10Posted 8/22/2011 5:50:20 AM
Get the two games, both are fun, and together will last longer then starfox. Along with this you have doubled your collection of games.
---
xbl mrvtec10
#10RyuVegasPosted 8/22/2011 5:57:20 AM
Starfox 64 is... a bizarre game in this day and age: It is an Arcade Shooter, which means that it is MEANT to be short because it is a Score Attack game. It isn't like its successors which add a more emphasized narrative to drive the gameplay... but 64 is pretty minimumal on Story. You kind of are just told "This s*** is happening, go blow it up Fox. Oh and don't die." And that's it. So if that kind of arcadey gameplay isn't your thing, don't get it.

your other choice is a Resident Evil game and a Fighting game... seems like a better deal even if you like Arcade Shooters THAT much.
---
"If we can hit this Bullseye the rest of the Dominos will fall like a House of Cards... Checkmate." ~ Zapp Brannigan