3DS vs DSi displaying DS games

#1JP_SartrePosted 8/22/2011 6:05:00 AM
Please- No rabid fanboys, just the facts.

I've played both side by side and to ME the DSi displays DS games much better.

* In 3DS "Shrunken" mode, text is too small for me to read mostly.
* In 3DS "Expanded" mode, the display seems blury and the bottom screen is too small.

Why in the world would I want to trade my DSI (Which I still LOVE) to get a 3DS when there are no games I'm even remotely interested in playing and my DS backlog looks much better on my DSi?

I want a GOOD reason to trade in my DSi, because I could get a 3DS for $109 USD with a trade in. Problem is that I just can't see any GOOD reason to do this.

Give me a reason.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#2SlimeStackPosted 8/22/2011 6:06:50 AM
If you're not interested in the 3DS, then why do you need convincing? Just wait until there are games you want to play.
---
3DS: 3351-4237-2268
#3JP_Sartre(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2011 6:10:22 AM
SlimeStack posted...
If you're not interested in the 3DS, then why do you need convincing? Just wait until there are games you want to play.

Obviously, there is a magnetic pull towards the latest in technology. I've played all N hand helds since the GBC. Part of me is screaming "Wait for a hardware revision, stupid"! and part of me says "New tech for $109 w/ trade-in")
---
-fallenKlNG
#4SlimeStackPosted 8/22/2011 6:21:15 AM
I get that too, but I only went through with it because I wanted to play OoT3D, a couple of VC games and am interested in some upcoming titles. If you don't have that, then I can't recommend making the purchase at all.
---
3DS: 3351-4237-2268
#5JP_Sartre(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2011 6:33:03 AM
SlimeStack posted...
I get that too, but I only went through with it because I wanted to play OoT3D, a couple of VC games and am interested in some upcoming titles. If you don't have that, then I can't recommend making the purchase at all.

Still have a silver phat and still many GBA games, so the VC is sort of meh to me.

My taste in games is different than most here, too. I love turn-based strategy and RPG's, which the 3DS is looking pretty weak in so far.

Looking like I'll just keep my DSi and phat, so far.
---
-fallenKlNG
#6Lost_Seraph09Posted 8/22/2011 6:38:27 AM(edited)
Get the current 3DS if you like portability and sharper screens. The revision's going to be a 3DS XL. If you want turn based rpgs, not many of those come out during a system's first year. There's SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked if you're interested in that. Some other RPGs are Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts 3D, which are both coming out by early next year. TotA might come out earlier if it doesn't get delayed.
#7JP_Sartre(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2011 6:42:39 AM
Lost_Seraph09 posted...
Get the current 3DS if you like portability and sharper screens. The revision's going to be a 3DS XL. If you want turn based rpgs, not many of those come out during a system's first year. There's SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked if you're interested in that. Some other RPGs are Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts 3D, which are both coming out by early next year. TotA might come out earlier if it doesn't get delayed.

It's always been my guess that any 3DS revision would be an XL model. Just curious what you're basing YOUR assumption on? Has there been some news I've missed out on?

I'd totally jump on a 3DS XL model, if it did come to reality. I think if the main screen were larger, perhaps the "sweet spot" would be larger, too.
---
-fallenKlNG
#8Lost_Seraph09Posted 8/22/2011 6:48:45 AM
^ Then wait for it buddy.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/how-nintendo-3ds-made/1/0

That's why we don't have any short-term plans for creating a more compact version of Nintendo 3DS like we did with Nintendo DS Lite.
#9nintendoggerPosted 8/22/2011 6:54:13 AM
I say wait, or don't get one.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#10helldewPosted 8/22/2011 7:14:42 AM
In 3DS "Expanded" mode, the display seems blury and the bottom screen is too small.

TC when did play the 3DS playing DS games? cause after the shop came out they reduced the blurriness SIGNIFICANTLY. its still there but its not nearly as bad as what it first was.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.