Should Capcom bring the GCN RE games to 3DS?

#1GeekyDadPosted 8/22/2011 6:33:32 AM
Please leave the "Crapcom" comments at the door. This isn't about your MML3 or "can't delete save data from a mini-game made into an overpriced package" thread. I'm simply curious how folks would respond to Capcom bringing any or all of the GCN Resident Evil games (RE0, REmake, RE4) to 3DS. Personally, I'd be all over any of those games. Heck, even if they ported Code V for the umpteeth time, I'd buy it.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#2Lost_Seraph09Posted 8/22/2011 6:53:35 AM
They would probably release a new version with a different playable character 6 months within its release lol.
#3gransPosted 8/22/2011 7:06:38 AM
I wouldn't really mind, but i'm actually glad Capcom is bringing a completely original Resident Evil to the 3DS instead of just going port crazy.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4thanthenPosted 8/22/2011 7:18:51 AM
I'm not, Crapcom new RE games are not that good. I'd love a REmake and 0 on 3ds.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#5seb03Posted 8/22/2011 7:19:21 AM
They'd probably struggle to get those games running on the 3DS.
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#6paulinkPosted 8/22/2011 7:22:29 AM
seb03 posted...

Why? All of the backgrounds are pre-rendered video (aside from re4).
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#7gransPosted 8/22/2011 7:50:06 AM

Neither RE0 nor RE:Remake were pushing the GC hardware anywhere near its limits. Only the characters and some minor items were even 3D models at all, all the environments were simply prerendered still background images (the same as the original RE on PS1, just rendered using modern 3D modeling tech and with some lighting baked on at specific times). Nothing about either game was really stressful to the hardware. Code Veronica was just using Dreamcast-era visuals.

As for RE4, lol... The 3DS can handle the MT Framework engine, the one that powered RE5 (a much more visually advanced game than RE4). Capcom has already gotten the demo of RE5 to run on the 3DS. They also got TOSE to quick port Mercenaries to the system (which looks considerably better than RE4 already). And now Revelations is blowing even Mercs 3D out of the water with an even more advanced version of the engine. 3DS would have no trouble running RE4, with much better visuals i'll add.

Someday people are going to wake up and realize that the 3DS is more powerful than the GC, and capable of things even the Wii couldn't do. It's hilarious to me that after all the visual proof, gpu tech specs, and confirmation from at least 3-4 different knowledgeable and high tier developers that the 3DS is more powerful even than Wii, people still refuse to face that fact. The 3DS is fully capable of rendering last gen visuals, with some current gen shaders to boot.
---
-Granville
#8simondakingPosted 8/22/2011 8:00:26 AM
The Wii has better graphics.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1934 - 0847 - 7915
#9gransPosted 8/22/2011 8:07:19 AM

Nope, try again. And while you're at it, good luck convincing the following developers of that-
- High Voltage
- Travelers Tales
- Capcom

The evidence is stacked up in the 3DS' favor in terms of graphics. There's also tech specs on the 3DS' Pica200 GPU that back this up, as well as real games (both already released and up and coming in the future).
---
-Granville
#10simondakingPosted 8/22/2011 8:11:31 AM
grans posted...
Nope, try again. And while you're at it, good luck convincing the following developers of that-
- High Voltage
- Travelers Tales
- Capcom

The evidence is stacked up in the 3DS' favor in terms of graphics. There's also tech specs on the 3DS' Pica200 GPU that back this up, as well as real games (both already released and up and coming in the future).

You are playing the emperor has no clothes trick, show me a game that looks better than twilight princess or mario galaxy 2.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1934 - 0847 - 7915