How do I put pictures on my computer onto my 3DS

#1MF_GambitPosted 8/22/2011 9:33:17 AM
Dragging & dropping doesn't seem to be working...
---
Ima call them April Babies because they fools
#2Bass_X0Posted 8/22/2011 9:35:52 AM
Hm. Save them somewhere online on your computer then go to that place using your 3DS internet?
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."
#3LordAndrewPosted 8/22/2011 9:41:25 AM
Something wrong with your computer? That should work, unless your desktop environment doesn't support it for some reason...
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#4MF_Gambit(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2011 9:43:51 AM
I've been looking around & do I need to put them in a specific folder or name them something specific ?
---
Ima call them April Babies because they fools
#5Nin3DSFanPosted 8/22/2011 10:06:10 AM
I am pretty sure they have to be in the "DCIM" folder, and they have to be named in a certain way, which is:
The first 4 characters can be any number, letter or a hyphen, e.g. IMG_, N3DS, _LOL.
The last 4 characters must be a 4-digit number from 0001 to 9999. (0000 does not count).

So, for example:
IMG_0075.png
N3DS1337.png
_LOL9001.png

These examples should work.

Keep in mind that if you downloaded them from the internet, there's no meta data in the images, telling the software when the image was created, therefore, they'll be treated as if they were created on January 1, 1900, so they'll all be in the earliest folder.
#6LordAndrewPosted 8/22/2011 4:13:18 PM
Oh, so the transfer did work, but they're not showing up in the camera application. Please people, try to be more specific when saying something doesn't work!

There's a specific naming convention that must be followed.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#7strongo9Posted 8/22/2011 4:21:07 PM(edited)
They must be in the DCIM folder. After that make sure you put it in the correct folder. There is one for 3D images and another for 2D images. Make sure that the pictures are in a JPEG format. They must also be named as so:

Y - letter
X - number

YYY_XXXX.jpg
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!