Why is there a play coin cap?

#1WrenchNinjaPosted 8/22/2011 6:24:10 PM
Did Nintendo give their reasoning on this? Is it just so people don't game the system? Even though some do already for the 10?
---
There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss...but when it looked back at us...you blinked.
#2Linkfan135Posted 8/22/2011 6:33:33 PM
It's so you don't get enough coins to buy everything from a wicked power–walk. And to encourage you to bring it with you every day.
---
Old people shouldn't be allowed to drive.
People who agree: 5
#3CommanderxGreenPosted 8/22/2011 6:37:13 PM
Linkfan135 posted...
It's so you don't get enough coins to buy everything from a wicked power–walk. And to encourage you to bring it with you every day.

This. You could say they should've made the limit higher, like 100 coins, encouraging you to go for 10,000 steps a day (recommended), but they would've just lowered the value of coins in that case.
#4WrenchNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2011 6:50:42 PM(edited)
Or just make the Mii games harder and more randomized. I've been bringing it with me every day but I haven't got any street passes and a 1000 steps is nothing for me a day. It's just more weight and expensive tech that I don't want to carry around without some kind of benefit.

but they would've just lowered the value of coins in that case.

I would have taken that over there being a cap.
---
There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss...but when it looked back at us...you blinked.
#5GenkiPosted 8/22/2011 6:51:54 PM
WrenchNinja posted...
Did Nintendo give their reasoning on this? Is it just so people don't game the system? Even though some do already for the 10?

To keep lazy people from making a fake walking rig that fakes actual walking for free coins. Easy to do with things like Lego, K'nex, etc. Just mount your 3DS and have it shake around like waking motion.
#6LordAndrewPosted 8/22/2011 6:53:50 PM
WrenchNinja posted...
I would have taken that over there being a cap.

Read the rest of the sentence again. There's still a cap in that hypothetical scenario.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#7WoodenSwordPosted 8/22/2011 6:59:27 PM
Linkfan135 posted...

You can add a sixth agreement to your signature sir.
---
"The difficulty facing quotations on the Internet is discerning if they are indeed genuine." - Benjamin Franklin