Wow, Nintendo has let the DS & the Wii's success get to their heads.

#1Shinobi120Posted 8/23/2011 12:35:17 PM(edited)
What is going on with Nintendo? One moment, they're doing everything right with both the DS & the Wii, & the next, they turn around, do a complete 180 & start to screw things up. First, with the price drop of the 3DS after the handheld has only been released 4-5 months ago, & now, rumors about them coming out with a redesign next year, rumors about another analog stick, & possibly dropping 3D?

Also, what happened back at E3 '11 with the awful Wii U reveal? Wow. It's like Nintendo said to themselves, "OK, we've won big with the Wii & the DS, now let's turn around & act stupid!". It's like they're going backwards instead of forwards. And it's all because of arrogance off of both the DS & the Wii. I for one, thinks that they need to be brought back down to reality.
#2burnrubbertcPosted 8/23/2011 12:28:28 PM
Do I think the Wii U will be a hit? No. But I didn't think the Wii would do well either. Nintendo takes a different, more creative path and have shown they can be successful with unique ideas. I don't think they are arrogant.
#3IcedEarthaholicPosted 8/23/2011 12:28:45 PM
Wii U was revealed this year, and also, you can't tell me you're seriously buying in the rumour of a non-3D 3DS (seriously, what irony) with a second stick attached, are you? Come off it, it's nothing more than a rumour that has no footing.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#4McMarblesPosted 8/23/2011 12:33:14 PM
Rumors are instantly fact thread #2,583
---
Currently playing: Star Ocean 2
#5Mariofan15Posted 8/23/2011 12:35:35 PM
Garlandjr posted...
What is going on with Nintendo? One moment, they're doing everything right with both the DS & the Wii, & the next, they turn around, do a complete 180 & start to screw things up. First, with the price drop of the 3DS after the handheld has only been released 4-5 months ago, & now, rumors about them coming out with a redesign next year, rumors about another analog stick, & possibly dropping 3D?

Also, what happened back at E3 '06 with the awful Wii U reveal? Wow. It's like Nintendo said to themselves, "OK, we've won big with the Wii & the DS, now let's turn around & act stupid!". It's like they're going backwards instead of forwards. And it's all because of arrogance off of both the DS & the Wii. I for one, thinks that they need to be brought back down to reality.

Lol. They arent being arrogant. Learn what your talking about.
---
Pokemon White:4728-0143-8299
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#6fire2boxPosted 8/23/2011 12:53:18 PM
McMarbles posted...
Rumors are instantly fact thread #2,583

There were rumors about a smaller DS before the DS Lite came out.
rumors about a big touch screen on the new Wii's controller.
rumor's about a price drop which nintendo proved and SHATTERED.

The 3DS has the biggest mark down in nintendo's video game console history. They then went onto say 3D isn't important and told Dev's games don't need to be in 3D to be on the 3DS. So a new revision that possibly removes 3D, which a lot of us aren't wowed by seem's 100% possible.

Hardly anyone is taking this as fact but treating it as rumors and just trying to figure out what it would be like. Until nintendo confirms, it is a rumor. but juding on the track record of such rumors it seems more then possible.
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#7xCha0sPosted 8/23/2011 12:55:03 PM
i thought the wii was ok but the wii-u i definately was/am not getting..i bought a 3DS in intents for it to be my last nintendo console but its clear tis a virtual boy instead.
#8Spiffy247Posted 8/23/2011 12:57:06 PM
I actually like the 3DS more than the DS. And I like the Wi U controller as much as the wii remote. It actually has all the buttons.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#9xCha0sPosted 8/23/2011 1:06:39 PM
you mean in terms of playing original DS games because of the analog stick? i guess you could make that arguement...
#10GencoilPosted 8/23/2011 1:11:12 PM
Garlandjr, would you prefer they DIDN'T drop the price? I'm glad they realized the price was a bit too high for some people.
---
www.klustr.net || Mega Man Legends 3 revival campaign: www.legends3.com || PSN: Gencoil || 3DS: 1848-1656-3420 (PM me! I have SSF43D)