SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked Released today predicting a real rare Earthquake

#11trenkenPosted 8/23/2011 12:41:03 PM
Felt it in NJ. My first one ever. It was very subtle though.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#12PlaysaverPosted 8/23/2011 12:42:57 PM(edited)
My wife felt this quake in Albany, NY. They evacuated some of the state buildings there.
My wife works on the 11th floor and got dizzy. I guess her building waved.
I was on a bus on my way to buy this game. So i didn't feel anything.

Anyone else seeing numbers over peoples heads?
#13fire2boxPosted 8/23/2011 12:44:37 PM
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/

kinda of hard not to when they happen every frickin day!
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#14Akaimizu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 12:56:01 PM(edited)
I was in a building that waved a bit. Only 2 stories. Was a concern, but we weren't evacuated. We were told if a follow-up aftershock arrived, we were to evacuate immediately.

Nearby SSA and a few other places, on the other hand, had a building evacuation, but they are probably either coming back in or allowing discretion for returning to work. Most of these places don't have safe zones for an earthquake of magnitude.

Update: This just in. The federal buildings in much of this state have officially closed, for the day, due to the earthquake. Understandable given the amount that must've hit D.C. It was a doozy mostly because of the immense size of the effects from the quake. North Carolina to Boston is a much bigger coverage than what usually happens on the West Coast, but on the East Coast most of the states almost never get Earthquakes. Not any that people feel, that is. In fact, this was the first *felt* one in many parts. Definitely a first for me, or my parents and grandparents. (The ones that didn't stay in California for a time, that is) It's not the fact an earthquake happened that makes this rare. It's where and the magnitude that makes it rare. This is a lot of peoples' first felt one and it was enough to get the buildings shaking like a fun house.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#15greensacsPosted 8/23/2011 12:46:31 PM
People in Michigan are claiming they felt it too.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.6