Did Nintendo just scam the Scambassadors and early adopters?

#61Soanevalcke6Posted 8/24/2011 9:04:02 PM
Vanor posted...
"The Wii U is not going to do very well at all?? Might be getting WAY ahead of yourself there.."

Nobody asked for a new console from Nintendo. They could still be making games for the Wii, yet they choose not to. Why would anybody buy a console from a game company who refuses to make and publish games for the system?

You should always expect a Next Gen Console to come within 6-10 years of its predecessor, I dont know why you expected differently

The Wii U is simply a stopgap for Nintendo until 3D TVs become cheap enough for them to make a 3D output system. Since the mass market does not value 3D (as the N64, GC, Virtual Boy, and now the 3DS are clearly demonstrating), it stands to reason that the Wii U is going to fare no better. Let's also factor in that all the N64/GC type games on the Wii have done poorly. Other M could very easily have been a Game Cube game. Mario Galaxy and especially Galaxy 2 have done very poorly. Brawl has been a disappointment. In Japan most of the Zelda games following OoT (which Aonuma had little involvement with) have been selling less and less, with the recent DS games going into the bargain bin, and forcing Nintendo have a limited release of OoT to avoid the same thing happening.

Lots of lols here, implying SMG did poorly? and Saying SMG2 was worse then the first, even though it was miles better? I agree with you a bit on Brawl, but its only a bit dissapointing, Its still a great Game though (I admit though, Checking smashbros.com everyday for the updates was just as fun, if not more fun, the playing the game =/)
---
Final Fantasies: 9>5>6>7>The Rest
#62abbyhitterPosted 8/24/2011 10:04:31 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Vanor posted...

Lots of lols here, implying SMG did poorly? and Saying SMG2 was worse then the first, even though it was miles better? I agree with you a bit on Brawl, but its only a bit dissapointing, Its still a great Game though (I admit though, Checking smashbros.com everyday for the updates was just as fun, if not more fun, the playing the game =/)

Yeah, I was about to comment on this part. That dude clearly hasn't played Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, or Brawl. Those are the best three games out on the Wii by far.

I was not dissappointed in Brawl. I loved it, and I thought it brought a lot of good things to the series. I hope the Wii U's version can expand on the Subspace Emissary and add more minigame-like games like the Homerun Derby and Smash the Targets.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#63darknight06Posted 8/24/2011 10:09:30 PM
It's a lot of LOL's alright. Too bad it's all about right. If SMG/SMG2, Metroid Other M and such were such great games, why didn't they move systems? Especially in the case of Mario Galaxy. NSMB Wii moved systems though (best holiday season for any console ever, but then again 2D Mario sells PERIOD and Nintendo seems to hate making them with a passion). So did Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, and several other titles that were actually Wii games through and through. The GC plus titles on the other hand, did nothing for it. So, to make a handheld based ENTIRELY on the direction of the N64/GC has got to be the dumbest mistake I've ever seen the company pull. Nobody liked the N64/GC direction except for those who started on N64 (most of which moved on anyway), what makes them think the handheld market would be any different? Somehow they were smart enough to stop the N64 push on the DS. Where are these people now, because Nintendo sure as hell needs them.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#64Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 8/24/2011 10:12:05 PM
trenken posted...
LordAndrew posted...
or is likely to happen.

Mmmhmmmm, cant wait to jump on you naysayers when this thing is officially announced. Happy times!

You won't jump me. I'm going to just go ahead and block you now
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
eep opp ork ah ah