Ive heard a Rumor that the business board of Nintendo might force a 3d less port

#1Jazmine_DragonPosted 8/23/2011 8:02:23 PM
able.

As in taking out the 3d in the 3ds and call it SDS or something.

What would you do if Nintendo took out the 3d and offered the system for like 80-100 dollars.
---
My name is from Avatar the Last Airbender and I cant wait for the legend of Korra
#2joelang12Posted 8/23/2011 8:04:51 PM
whats the point? just dont make said games 3D capable. problem solved.
---
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig
Playing Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (3DS) Score: 9/10
#3PinchekriaPosted 8/23/2011 8:06:29 PM
Not gonna happen but if it did and it also had that second analog then yeah I'd buy it. I mostly play with the 3D off anyways. Only problem would be with the developers if they are gonna bother adding support in every game for that second slider.
---
PSN/Xbox Live/Steam: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#4d0wnerPosted 8/23/2011 8:06:45 PM
I'd go galloping through the jelly donut scented meadows of s***-that-ain't-real land.
---
shoot the core.
#5fire2boxPosted 8/23/2011 8:07:29 PM
joelang12 posted...
whats the point? just dont make said games 3D capable. problem solved.

To lower the price of the handheld and take off whats clearly a gimmick that hasn't helped the system at all.
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#6toma13Posted 8/23/2011 8:11:24 PM
$80-100 is totally unrealistic. The current price of $170 is more than reasonable in today's market. You won't see that go any lower for a long time.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#7joelang12Posted 8/23/2011 8:12:00 PM
removing the 3D properties of the system wouldnt lower the cost as least not for the consumer. if nintendo felt the 3d aspect was wasted theyd simply tell the devs not to incorporate it into future games.
---
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig
Playing GR Shadow Wars (Score 9/10) Asphalt 3D (Score 8/10)
#8NintendoNitePosted 8/23/2011 8:12:58 PM
bad move. id buy a vita instead
---
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/689/greygnarlsig.png
Black FC: 4899-5473-9773
#9AstralFearPosted 8/23/2011 8:13:01 PM
If they do that they should just give it another name to separate it from the DS.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5578-9773 AstralFear
Games I want: Vita: 12 3DS: 4(will see what next year brings)
#10MattperdPosted 8/23/2011 8:13:09 PM
fire2box posted...
To lower the price of the handheld and take off whats clearly a gimmick that hasn't helped the system at all.

Gimmicks are a good thing. Stop saying their not. Without gimmicks things would be stale, and the same.

It's helped the 3DS a lot. AR games wouldn't be the same, and distances in the soon to be Mario game would be the same difficulty to measure as Sunshine or 64- both have countless deaths by players who misjudged a jump. It's helped my Zelda: OoT adventure, and it was great on DOA (To me) to judge how far my strike would throw my opponent.

Just because it isn't for everyone, doesn't mean it should be thrown away. Otherwise gaming as a whole wouldn't exist because not everyone likes games.

Ask anyone in the world, and I'm sure 100% of the world will say there's piece of music they like. Ask about games, some would say they don't play them, or they're not their thing. We need to be more open about the industry and what it should be. Gimmicks are what makes each game unique, and what makes them stand out from other games. Halo was a shooter that had regenerating health. That is completely different from the norm for shooters at the time- where you'd need to explore far more for that health pack. Exploration was no longer a necessity and made the game have it's own feel.

Gimmicks should be praised or judged on what it adds, not looked down upon because it's different.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword