Should I cancel my 3DS preorder?

#11fire2boxPosted 8/23/2011 9:05:49 PM
if theres not a lot of games you really want I would advise holding off. The time to buy one was during the price drop when you could still get the 20 free games. Now it's just best to wait and see what nintendo plans to do and what exactly they are revealing.
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#12LordAndrewPosted 8/23/2011 9:07:21 PM
Have you payed that full price already, or a portion of it? Is there a cancellation fee or anything like that? What I'm asking is, how much money could you lose from cancelling your preorder? If it's nothing, go ahead and cancel while you wait for the September 13 announcement.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#13btbamfan89(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 9:09:30 PM
20 free games?? Holy shiat. The two games I bought are ones I'd really like to play, and a few of the ones announced for later this year seem like ones I'd be interested in picking up. But as of now there's really only a handful of good games out, from what I've read anyways; I could play OoT and Dead or Alive and be entertained for a while, but there comes a point when I'm going to want more options.
---
What is this I don't even
#14btbamfan89(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 9:11:03 PM
The payment never went through when I preordered since I used my credit card, so I cancelled it and didn't get charged anything. I'm just gonna try to wait and be patient, and see what Nintendo has up its sleeves.
---
#15simondakingPosted 8/23/2011 9:12:34 PM
btbamfan89 posted...
20 free games?? Holy shiat. The two games I bought are ones I'd really like to play, and a few of the ones announced for later this year seem like ones I'd be interested in picking up. But as of now there's really only a handful of good games out, from what I've read anyways; I could play OoT and Dead or Alive and be entertained for a while, but there comes a point when I'm going to want more options.

The 20 free games are old NES and GBA games.
---
3DS: 1934 - 0847 - 7915
#16btbamfan89(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 9:14:44 PM
Really, any good titles? And I'm guessing Nintendo isn't offering these to the people that bought a system after the price drop?
---
#17LordAndrewPosted 8/23/2011 9:17:18 PM(edited)
If you can still get the games cheap, you may want to consider doing so. Regardless of what's announced in September you're still planning on getting a 3DS, right?

The Ambassador program has ten games announced so far. Check the sticky if curious.
---
Official 3DS Ambassador
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, that game with the mobster on the box
#18SkyCrackersPosted 8/23/2011 9:24:27 PM
Nintendo may release an updated 3DS eventually, but it won't have another analog. That would be suicide, would enrage customers who bought the first model, and would give developers trouble.
---
Best 2D Mario game: Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
#19btbamfan89(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 9:38:41 PM
Oh I plan on getting a 3DS regardless, I just want to make sure I get my monies worth. I'm checking out that Ambassador thing too right meow.
---