The only true problem to the 3DS that needs to be fixed.

#1saitekPosted 8/24/2011 5:44:13 AM
As a recent adopter of the 3DS I must admit that I love the design and technology and while the 3D may be gimmicky, it is still an awesome feature that adds to the coolness of the device. As far as the games are considered I am not worried about it, there are plenty of cool titles coming out that will be sure to please.

The true problem with the 3DS is the fact that it is in the market as a device that can't keep up with the "others." Why would I use the crowded web browser on the 3DS when I could use the great experience on my ipad? Why would I use the AWFUL mp3 player, when I can use the perfected one on my ipod? Why take pictures on a .03 MP camera, when I can take high quality 3D pictures on the 5 MP camera on the HTC Evo 3D? Why shouldn't my 3DS be hooked up through facebook so all my other friends know when I am playing Mario Kart and are able to jump into a game at anytime. What's the point of have a front facing camera when I can't video chat with friends via skype? I hate to say it but even in the driest of gaming droughts, features like these would easily prevail and make the 3DS king.

The gameboy was truly a remarkable product and completely transformed the world of gaming. The last time any portable device was able to gain that much recognizable attention in the market was with the iphone/ipod touch/ipad. Which is why I petition to have nintendo exclusively develop peripherals for iOS devices. Could you imagine a shell that covers the iphone and gives the device the use of a joystick and buttons? If Nintendo could exclusively produce titles for Apple's iOS, i think that it could be the best thing to ever happen to both companies. As of now 12.5 million people own a iOS device and could you imagine which percentage of those people would adopt several nintendo games and peripherals. How about all of those gamers that are "too old" for a DS? They would with no doubt drop some dough so they can relive their childhood with some Nintendo titles. Not to mention this whole switch would solve the hardware problem as we all know Apple has no problem pushing new hardware.

I know this would likely to never happen, but this brings me back to my point is that Nintendo has to learn to make people more connected nowadays. Sometimes we don't have enough time to devout to gaming which is why we need our devices to do more than just be gaming devices. Nintendo is one of the most recognizable names in electronic entrainment, so with a little work, I don't see why they cannot bring these great applications to the 3DS or other future devices.
#2pikachupwnagePosted 8/24/2011 5:45:12 AM
saitek posted...
As a recent adopter of the 3DS I must admit that I love the design and technology and while the 3D may be gimmicky, it is still an awesome feature that adds to the coolness of the device. As far as the games are considered I am not worried about it, there are plenty of cool titles coming out that will be sure to please.

The true problem with the 3DS is the fact that it is in the market as a device that can't keep up with the "others." Why would I use the crowded web browser on the 3DS when I could use the great experience on my ipad? Why would I use the AWFUL mp3 player, when I can use the perfected one on my ipod? Why take pictures on a .03 MP camera, when I can take high quality 3D pictures on the 5 MP camera on the HTC Evo 3D? Why shouldn't my 3DS be hooked up through facebook so all my other friends know when I am playing Mario Kart and are able to jump into a game at anytime. What's the point of have a front facing camera when I can't video chat with friends via skype? I hate to say it but even in the driest of gaming droughts, features like these would easily prevail and make the 3DS king.

The gameboy was truly a remarkable product and completely transformed the world of gaming. The last time any portable device was able to gain that much recognizable attention in the market was with the iphone/ipod touch/ipad. Which is why I petition to have nintendo exclusively develop peripherals for iOS devices. Could you imagine a shell that covers the iphone and gives the device the use of a joystick and buttons? If Nintendo could exclusively produce titles for Apple's iOS, i think that it could be the best thing to ever happen to both companies. As of now 12.5 million people own a iOS device and could you imagine which percentage of those people would adopt several nintendo games and peripherals. How about all of those gamers that are "too old" for a DS? They would with no doubt drop some dough so they can relive their childhood with some Nintendo titles. Not to mention this whole switch would solve the hardware problem as we all know Apple has no problem pushing new hardware.

I know this would likely to never happen, but this brings me back to my point is that Nintendo has to learn to make people more connected nowadays. Sometimes we don't have enough time to devout to gaming which is why we need our devices to do more than just be gaming devices. Nintendo is one of the most recognizable names in electronic entrainment, so with a little work, I don't see why they cannot bring these great applications to the 3DS or other future devices.

NO
---
To those whining about the Wii U name just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 8/24/2011 5:46:11 AM
i'm all for catching up, but leave idevices out of the equation. they need to die.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#4GimeaPosted 8/24/2011 5:46:43 AM
I 100% agree with TC.

It is 2011 now and consumers want more than 'play games' on yet another device.
---
Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mgao249jNg
#5brStalkerPosted 8/24/2011 5:49:51 AM
The 3DS is not a multimedia device. It's a gaming dedicated device that has a bunch of additional minor features.

iOS devices are the exact opposite: multimedia device that happens to play a bunch of additional minor games.

So, no.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#6FivePoundNotePosted 8/24/2011 5:53:52 AM
No.
#7saitek(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 6:00:02 AM
and you guys are the reason why nintendo is sitting on a giant pile of 3DS's and can't find any reason to sell em'
#8Wynters387Posted 8/24/2011 6:02:40 AM
The only true problem is there is no online account system to keep track of the esho games you buy. Which means if I get the new version all the eshop game I do have would be gone (if I traded the 3ds in). They should have a nintendo live/network.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.
#9simondakingPosted 8/24/2011 6:04:06 AM
I wouldn't buy anything made by Apple.
---
3DS: 1934 - 0847 - 7915
#10FivePoundNotePosted 8/24/2011 6:05:16 AM(edited)
The 3DS is in the position it's in because it was overpriced, didn't have any essential launch window games, and the marketing failed to differentiate it from the original DS. What you're proposing is a drastic solution to what will no doubt be a temporary problem.