Who has a 3DS? Or, at least is going to get one?

#11Marcx629Posted 8/26/2011 12:55:08 PM
I plan on getting one soon. But a little later on in the year.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
#12mmelzer2004Posted 8/26/2011 12:59:36 PM
I don't have one, but plan on getting one when Star Fox comes out, the new Mario game at the very latest.

I am definitely planning on getting a Vita come release if not just because of Hot Shots Golf.
---
I don't see what the big deal is with HL. I played the first one; it was fun, but nothing special like Halo IMO. ~ mike1123
#13legendarylemurPosted 8/26/2011 1:02:44 PM
I have had one for the past 2-3 months, and I absolutely adore it. I like to grind on Samurai Warriors, play a few games on DoA, and occasionally pick up OoT3D again because it's so fun. When I'm done with all the games I have for it so far, I just go to the DS games that I never finished and play those instead. I'm gonna get Shin Megami Tensei: DSO very soon. So excited for it. Oh, and plenty of e-shop games. Those are pretty great too
---
apples bananas peaches
My karma was 666 on May 7th 2011, May 10th 2011
#14Spiffy247Posted 8/26/2011 1:05:44 PM
I have one, and I love it.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#15gregamastaPosted 8/26/2011 1:16:05 PM
eragonman9 posted...
After a paycheck or two, I'll get one. But what I'm wondering, who has one already?
I do.

What are your thoughts?
The 3D is amazing but my guess is that most people think that is what the 3DS is all about and is not that fun to play, but the 3d only improves the playability of a lot for all the games available right now, especially Ocarina of time 3D. It is fun to play, it definitely surprised me how good the games look especially Resident Evil the mercenaries 3D(i recommend it if you're going to get the 3ds). The applications are great, it is awesome that it has backwards compatibility so if a good game comes out for the ds we can still play it. It is definitely a great system, if people bash it is because they have not given it a try and rely too much on popular opinions.

And a follow up, what are you owners thoughts on the PSV?

I'm not into the whole "Sony vs Nintendo" thing because it is pointless and because it is always better to have a variety of games and consoles with different features. Sure, the vita will have good graphics and touch screen and two analog sticks but the games are always the same whereas Nintendo shows creativity with the games and consoles they publish. Both the vita and the 3DS are great consoles and i will definitely give the vita a try as well.
---
<Official Mio Akiyama and Azusa Nakano Fanboy of GameFAQs>
Wanna challenge me on SSF4 3d? or Team up in RE mercs? FC: 0774-4319-4137 add me as Dante -DT-
#16ZanimarPosted 8/26/2011 1:22:30 PM(edited)

But what I'm wondering, who has one already?

I have one.

What are your thoughts?

It's a great system and worthy of being the successor to the DS. The 3D is quite nice and all the features of it makes it feel like a miniature Wii in a way. It even makes my 3D DS games look less pixelated, though my 2D games look a little duller, but it's only a real problem with Pokemon Black and all the other 2D games I have still look fine and in some ways even better.

And a follow up, what are you owners thoughts on the PSV?

It has potential and also has a lot of neat features, but doesn't really appeal to me as much as the 3DS does. To me it seems like they are still focusing too much on power and for now, I'm only gonna observe how it does, much like I've done with the 3DS till now.
---
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!
#17blunderminePosted 8/26/2011 1:21:46 PM
I might get one in a couple of months
#18JackstinPosted 8/26/2011 1:26:51 PM
I do not regret buying it one bit, but that's because I'm sure there will be plenty of good games on it in the future. Plus I love playing classics legally, so the virtual console is a real draw.

Realistically though, there's not much point in buying one right now, not unless you really want the console to succeed, and are willing to help Ninty by buying one now.
#19Kitt ThrustPosted 8/26/2011 1:31:45 PM
I have one and love it but apparently I'm some kind of wacko around here because I have 17 retail 3DS games, 11 Virtual Console games, every eShop 3D game ( yes I enjoy Urban Champion ) and over 30 DSiWare games/apps...

I use all the 3DS's features fairly regularly and since launch have put 618 hours and 15 minutes of time on my 3DS according to the Activity Log.

I love my 3DS.

As for the Vita, it will come down to the games. I like the quirky colorful stuff that usually ends up on Nintendo systems rather than the darker, grittier style games that end up on other systems.

Will I get a Vita ? Probably, but it's not a priority now for me since I'm more than happy with my 3DS.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !
http://i.3dporch.com/yyez.wiggle.gif