I guarantee this conversation comes up all the time:

#1thundercat2600Posted 8/24/2011 7:46:21 AM
Every Best Buy & Gamestop clerk has probably had this exact same conversation multiple times per week:

Clerk: "So here's the 3DS."

<customer tries it out>

Customer: "I really don't like the 3D effect at all."

Clerk: "That's okay, you can turn the 3D off, see?"

Customer: "Uh, why would I buy a 3DS if I'm not even going to use the 3D?"

Clerk: "Um.. . . well. . . uhh. . . you like Pilotwings?"

This proves my point. It makes so much sense to release a non-3D 3DS. Not just for the cost savings, but to avoid confusing Nintendo's consumers.
#2D NycePosted 8/24/2011 7:54:51 AM
That makes no sense from a sales point of view I hope you realize. You don't use features to sell the product, you match customer needs to benefits.

ex. "I need a portable gaming machine for long trips that can access the internet. I like to play first person shooters."

"Well, the Nintendo 3DS does have motion sensing technology to give more depth to your first person gaming, as well as options to use other methods for aiming."

That's if the 3DS HAD a FPS.
#3MarkMiltonPosted 8/24/2011 7:56:50 AM
D Nyce posted...
That makes no sense from a sales point of view I hope you realize. You don't use features to sell the product, you match customer needs to benefits.

ex. "I need a portable gaming machine for long trips that can access the internet. I like to play first person shooters."

"Well, the Nintendo 3DS does have motion sensing technology to give more depth to your first person gaming, as well as options to use other methods for aiming."

what system are you playing?
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#4OmegaZero633Posted 8/24/2011 7:57:37 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Every Best Buy & Gamestop clerk has probably had this exact same conversation multiple times per week: ect...

I'm not seeing any guarantees here. :/
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#5eragonman9Posted 8/24/2011 7:58:00 AM
MarkMilton posted...
D Nyce posted...

what system are you playing?

What trips are you going on that's five hours?
---
Faith in Humanity Meter: [ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(|)|||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
also love Rock Band, it's kind of RPGish ~Endosage
#6NyyarkPosted 8/24/2011 8:00:58 AM
Its called being a salesman, he highlighted the one feature of the 3DS that might meet one of the customers needs.

I'm glad I don't work in sales anymore.
#7DeathSoul2000Posted 8/24/2011 8:01:05 AM
situation number 2:

Clerk: "So here's the 3DS."

<customer tries it out>

Customer: "i like the system and games but I really don't like the 3D effect at all."

Clerk: "That's okay, you can turn the 3D off, see?"

Customer: "Uh, why would I buy a 3DS if I'm not even going to use the 3D?"

Clerk: "so you like the system and games yet you're not going to buy it because of a feature which you can turn off, but never using that feature somehow invalidates the whole purchase... i don't know, why don't you tell me?"
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#8keyblader1985Posted 8/24/2011 8:31:00 AM
Super Nintendo Defender system

I will defend the Super Nintendo till my dying breath.
---
Now Playing: You don't f***ing care.
FC: See Now Playing
#9NekoakumaPosted 8/24/2011 8:33:59 AM
eragonman9 posted...

What trips are you going on that's five hours?

Interstate drives take me 8-10 hours. (Usually once or twice every month)

Overseas flights/business trips - ~14hours max every 4 months.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#10LemonKweenstaaaPosted 8/24/2011 8:36:33 AM(edited)
So do you actually have an account of this type of conversation ever happening? Even if it has, are enough people affected by this to justify the release of an entirely new model?
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/a0gnys.png <3 Splash Woman