I guarantee this conversation comes up all the time:

#11MattperdPosted 8/24/2011 8:38:15 AM
PokeMaster posted...
eragonman9 posted...

What trips are you going on that's five hours?

Interstate drives take me 8-10 hours. (Usually once or twice every month)

Overseas flights/business trips - ~14hours max every 4 months.

Seeing as no mobile device in constant use lasts that long, looks like you're out of luck.

Or bring a Charger. My 3DS lasts around 5 hours. But on your flights, I'm sure there's an outlet. Switch to another device like a smart phone that'll last around 4-5 hours like mine does when playing Zenonia.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#12darkphoenix181Posted 8/24/2011 8:39:12 AM
Clerk: "So here's the 3DS."

<customer tries it out>

Customer: "WOAH THIS IS AMAZING!!! GLAVEN!!!"

Clerk: "Uh..ok?"

Customer: "Dead or Alive girls in 3D! UH HUH HUH *drool *drool"
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#13NekoakumaPosted 8/24/2011 8:42:04 AM
Mattperd posted...
PokeMaster posted...
eragonman9 posted...

Seeing as no mobile device in constant use lasts that long, looks like you're out of luck.

Or bring a Charger. My 3DS lasts around 5 hours. But on your flights, I'm sure there's an outlet. Switch to another device like a smart phone that'll last around 4-5 hours like mine does when playing Zenonia.

I bought a portable battery charger long ago. It gives me 2.5 full charges of my 3DS.
Only cost 700Yen.

Also works for my phone and other portable devices.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#14FivePoundNotePosted 8/24/2011 8:47:29 AM
So you've "proved a point" by presenting a scenario that "you guarantee" happens all the time?

Well, I'm convinced.
#15MattperdPosted 8/24/2011 8:48:06 AM
PokeMaster posted...
Mattperd posted...
PokeMaster posted...
eragonman9 posted...

I bought a portable battery charger long ago. It gives me 2.5 full charges of my 3DS.
Only cost 700Yen.

Also works for my phone and other portable devices.

You mean that Watch thing I saw on this board a long time ago? I reeaalllyy want one o' those.

Wait, then why are you complaining...? Oh man, did I quote the wrong person before?
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#16chaomaster4000Posted 8/24/2011 8:51:00 AM
Until I see proof that this convo does come up in best buy every week, I'm failing to see how this "proves your point".
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#17FivePoundNotePosted 8/24/2011 8:51:56 AM
chaomaster4000 posted...
Until I see proof that this convo does come up in best buy every week, I'm failing to see how this "proves your point".

But he guaranteed it! What more do you need!?
#18NekoakumaPosted 8/24/2011 8:54:34 AM
@Mattperd

No that watch thing is ugly as hell. It's just some random charger I found at an electronics store and bought it on a whim. It works great for my electronics. I was going to get a solar-powered one which also works for DS/3DS/PSP/Phone etc but more often than not I follow winter when I go travelling.

and I'm not complaining. lol. my post was jsut to demonstrate that there are trips that go longer for 5 hours.

I just find it amusing when people complain about the battery then the first thing people suggest is a nyko battery when there are much better, and useful, alternatives.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Launch) / OoT, Layton: Mask of Miracle, TotAbyss, Ridge, nintendogs,SFIV, Pokemon Scramble
VC Games: SML, Dodgeball, Adventure Island 2
#19pikachupwnagePosted 8/24/2011 9:15:10 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Every Best Buy & Gamestop clerk has probably had this exact same conversation multiple times per week:

Clerk: "So here's the 3DS."

<customer tries it out>

Customer: "I really don't like the 3D effect at all."

Clerk: "That's okay, you can turn the 3D off, see?"

Customer: "Uh, why would I buy a 3DS if I'm not even going to use the 3D?"

Clerk: "Um.. . . well. . . uhh. . . you like Pilotwings?"

at 170 its worth it even if you plan on using no 3D. also are you and Gimea part of a 3ds haters club or something. you never have anything positive to say about it ever.
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador. 3DS FC in quote. Linkachu on pac man and galaga leaderboards. member of the ELN
#20pikachupwnagePosted 8/24/2011 9:17:25 AM
OmegaZero633 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Every Best Buy & Gamestop clerk has probably had this exact same conversation multiple times per week: ect...

I'm not seeing any guarantees here. :/

This
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador. 3DS FC in quote. Linkachu on pac man and galaga leaderboards. member of the ELN