Anyone else hope that the 1st original 3DS Zelda game doesn't...

#1Chris in CaliPosted 8/24/2011 4:36:04 PM
Anyone else hope that the first original 3DS Zelda game doesn't use the touch-screen for controls like the DS ones? I really hated that control method, and the fact that it was forced on you. I don't mind it for drawing on a map, or a puzzle, but controlling Link with it was very displeasing for me.

Now that the screens have different aspect ratios, I don't think Nintendo will make one like that this time around.
---
Please visit my gaming blog - New 3DS & Deus Ex: reviews up!:
http://GameEuphoria.blogspot.com/
#2Martiin51Posted 8/24/2011 4:37:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it'll be a 3rd person game, like OoT and MM
---
"Corn chips are no place for a mighty warrior" - Teen Girl Squad
#3brStalkerPosted 8/24/2011 4:40:16 PM
I also didn't like to not have the option, but at least Spirit Tracks was far from being a bad experience using stylus-based movement. Phantom Hourglass, though.......

But I don't doubt they can pull that a 3rd time, especially if we have Toon Link again. Take a look at the Kid Icarus gameplay to see what I meant.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#4SlapTenCaptainPosted 8/24/2011 4:56:40 PM
I didn't mind the control setup for the DS Zelda's, but it did seem forced.

I would like to think that the first original 3DS Zelda would adopt OoT3D's control scheme. Every thing from the button setup to the touch screen interface felt natural in OoT3D, so I can definitely see the next Zelda playing similarly.
---
http://whatthehellisagameboy.blogspot.com/
#5coocoo4cocopopsPosted 8/24/2011 5:01:10 PM
It'll definitely be a third-person Zelda, because the hardware has the ability to produce big spaces and maps, as opposed to the DS.
---
dam u adrian
#6strongo9Posted 8/24/2011 5:09:26 PM
It's most likely that Nintendo would feel inclined to implement physical controls and use the top screen and the 3D this time around because it's a 3DS game.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#7Mariofan15Posted 8/24/2011 5:15:39 PM
No. I'm fine either way though because I enjoyed Spirit Tracks. Good DS Zelda game unlike Phantom Hourglass.
---
Pokemon White:4728-0143-8299
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#8Soccer009Posted 8/24/2011 5:24:16 PM
Anyone else hope that the 1st original 3DS Zelda game doesn't...suck
---
Proud and True Ambassador of the 3DS
#9ShinnAsuka20Posted 8/24/2011 5:29:18 PM
My only hopes are no touch screen movement controls and blowing into the stupid mic to play a stupid song.
---
GT/PSN: SilverBasher
#10JirynPosted 8/24/2011 5:33:58 PM
Chris in Cali posted...
Anyone else hope that the first original 3DS Zelda game doesn't use the touch-screen for controls like the DS ones? I really hated that control method, and the fact that it was forced on you. I don't mind it for drawing on a map, or a puzzle, but controlling Link with it was very displeasing for me.

Now that the screens have different aspect ratios, I don't think Nintendo will make one like that this time around.

I couldn't PLAY the DS ones because of the Touch Screen control. I tried playing both, and just didn't enjoy the games, I love the tactile feel of the D-pad and buttons over stylus movement and attacking.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.