concern with the 3d feature

#1funkandroidPosted 8/24/2011 4:37:35 PM
just bought orcarina of time and its unplayable in 3d, am i doing something wrong? even if i hold it as straight as possible eventually the image gets a little strange, i start seeing double. and for intense boss fights... oh man forget it, anyone else having issuses with the 3d, if i knew it was gonna be this touchy i wouldnt have bought it. however the games still effin amazing the was it is especially with upgraded graphics, that was my main problem with the N64, thoise damn blurry graphics
#2robomasteralphaPosted 8/24/2011 4:42:18 PM
The instruction manual for the 3DS says to start with the 3D slider on the lowest setting above off, and then work your way up as you get more comfortable with the effect. While the ghosting in OoT is a legitimate concern, it's less noticeable when you don't have the 3D turned all the way up.
---
Gamera is really neat, he is filled with turtle meat, we all love you Gamera!
#3MattperdPosted 8/24/2011 4:42:58 PM
The only time I got a double image on Ocarina of Time 3D is when he's talking to the Sages in that Realm of Blue.

Other than that, not really. Are you in a dark room?
---
OBJECTION! ... in 3D!
"I'd like to see even MORE babies just to watch all the analpain that would commence" - Second_Chances
#4funkandroid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 4:46:11 PM
fairly dark... lamp on, dont wanna bugger my eyes too bad... yeah i was just wondering if it was just me or is it really like this cause its pretty bad actually
#5SlimeStackPosted 8/24/2011 4:48:07 PM
I get that too, even with the slider down. I thought my room was bright enough, I have an electric ceiling light on, but I still see double images a lot. It goes away sometimes, but it's there most of the time.
---
3DS: 3351-4237-2268
#61000crisPosted 8/24/2011 4:53:17 PM
try to move the slider 1/2 down or so, it removes the double images. Max 3d doesnt work properly with oot.
---
DBZ BT3 FC:
#7funkandroid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 4:57:15 PM
well i hope this isnt an issue in future releases... probably have to buy a 3ds Lx or whatever nintendo deciedes to call the next model...
#8robomasteralphaPosted 8/24/2011 4:59:09 PM
Judging from the videos on the eShop, Starfox is probably going to have a pretty good 3D effect. Only time will tell, though.
---
Gamera is really neat, he is filled with turtle meat, we all love you Gamera!
#9strongo9Posted 8/24/2011 5:03:15 PM
funkandroid posted...
fairly dark... lamp on, dont wanna bugger my eyes too bad... yeah i was just wondering if it was just me or is it really like this cause its pretty bad actually

He was talking about the game, not the room you're physically in. The 3D effects tends to ghost in parts of games with dark or black backgrounds. I doubt that's the problem though as you've obviously been in any very dark areas in OoT 3D so early in the game. You say you're absolutely holding the 3DS straight, so it must be. Your eyes probably cannot handle the 3D. Try starting off with the depth slider lower first. Worst case scenario the 3D isn't meant for you and you play without. Just remember that the main point of the 3DS is to play games. Don't return the thing just because 3D isn't for you.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#10MINJI20Posted 8/24/2011 5:05:02 PM
That happens to me too...whatever I do, it always gives a slight double image...well, that's only for OoT. All the other games had no problems and looked great.