Wow! Ign actually made an article that makes sense!

#1vsmanPosted 8/24/2011 5:18:26 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/119/1190234p1.html

Thank you for actually thinking for once ign.
---
Goldeneye Fc: 2105-0897-4102 username: vsman
#2strongo9Posted 8/24/2011 5:24:17 PM
More than half of the article is wrong. It's a giant game announcement. It doesn't have a thing to do with the Wii, Wii U, or a 3DS revision. They actually stated in this article that they think a 3DS game announcement is unlikely.The announcement of a 3rd party game is highly implausible. This is going to be a big game, so speculating that it could come from a smaller series such a FE, Metroid, F-Zero, etc. is also silly.

Another poor IGN article.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#3ZanimarPosted 8/24/2011 5:24:34 PM
I can't...

How did they...

Can't comprehend...

BRAIN HURTS!!!

*head explodes*

x.x
---
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!
#4PhantomSwordPosted 8/24/2011 5:27:21 PM
strongo9 posted...
More than half of the article is wrong. It's a giant game announcement. It doesn't have a thing to do with the Wii, Wii U, or a 3DS revision. They actually stated in this article that they think a 3DS game announcement is unlikely.The announcement of a 3rd party game is highly implausible. This is going to be a big game, so speculating that it could come from a smaller series such a FE, Metroid, F-Zero, etc. is also silly.

Um, no. They *never* say that game announcements for 3DS are unlikely. Furthermore, they say that Wii U info, Wii games, and a 3DS revision are unlikely.

In other words, the article is completely fine.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#5vsman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 5:30:17 PM
PhantomSword posted...
strongo9 posted...

Um, no. They *never* say that game announcements for 3DS are unlikely. Furthermore, they say that Wii U info, Wii games, and a 3DS revision are unlikely.

In other words, the article is completely fine.

exactly this
---
Goldeneye Fc: 2105-0897-4102 username: vsman
#6Mariofan15Posted 8/24/2011 5:35:40 PM
strongo9 posted...

Did you even read it? Because it sounds like you didnt.
---
Pokemon White:4728-0143-8299
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#7toma13Posted 8/24/2011 6:07:26 PM
It pretty much says everything that I've been thinking. The press conference is most likely about a rather large third party franchise coming to the 3DS. Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, something like that. Maybe not one of those franchises in particular, but something of that caliber.

We know what first party support is for the foreseeable future, and it's strong, so any first party announcements are unlikely, unless they're release dates for games we already know of. I doubt we get any more Wii U details though, and Wii support is likely dried up at this point so I doubt we hear about any new Wii games.

And the "2 stick 2D redesign" is just bogus and silly, and I'm glad they said that in the article. We won't hear about a redesign until next year at the very very earliest. This is thew 3DS's first Christmas season. If they change anything now, they pull the rug out from under themselves for no reason at all.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#8TectonicImprovPosted 8/24/2011 6:11:52 PM
I was agreeing with the article until the final thing where they talk about the new model. Which wouldn't be smart, It would be really, really, dumb.
---
http://3dshaven.webs.com/
#9trenkenPosted 8/24/2011 6:16:12 PM
TectonicImprov posted...
I was agreeing with the article until the final thing where they talk about the new model. Which wouldn't be smart, It would be really, really, dumb.

If you ever took a business class in your life, you would understand how it would actually be a genius move on their part.

If you need to explain what a 3D slider is to a 50 year old mom out buying a gift for her 4 year old son, you've done something seriously wrong.

The 3D slider is great for those of us that already have a 3DS, but if they released a budget model with no 3D, the sales would obliterate the current model. Last time I checked, Nintendo likes a little thing called money.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256