Why is Balloon Fight getting so much hate?

#1derekfishbowlPosted 8/24/2011 7:51:09 PM
On a lot of the threads about the ambassador games, I'm seeing a lot of people rip Balloon Fight like it's the worst game on the list. Back in the day Balloon Fight was considered one of the better black box titles. I played the crap out of this game, and I was thrilled to see it as one of the ambassador games.

Like many of the black box titles, one player mode is okay but 2 player co-op (or vs.) is a blast. Hopefully Nintendo will figure out how to let us play local 2-player with these classics. Online would be even better, but that's wishful thinking.

Anyway, just wanted to give some love to this forgotten game. I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised.
#2jesse7150Posted 8/24/2011 7:53:07 PM
I liked it, tho ballon kid is better i think.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#3VFXmanPosted 8/24/2011 7:54:31 PM
First time i played it was on Animal Crossing. I like it, its kinda like joust.
---
FC: 3652-0661-2129 (Gravy)
Compromise, my friend, is the essence of diplomacy, and diplomacy is the cornerstone of love... sweeeeeet looooOOOve!!
#4xoftheuniversePosted 8/24/2011 7:55:46 PM
That game is made by Satan. I have it for NES and its just one of those games that look nice on the first couple of stages but thats a front...*insert crazy voice* they lure you in and eat your soul! Nobody escapes the balloon madness... Nobody.....
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#5xoftheuniversePosted 8/24/2011 7:56:50 PM
jesse7150 posted...
I liked it, tho ballon kid is better i think.

Lol that is irony... I just did a full playthrough of that game and uploaded it today. I left it whole.
---
#6MarioFanaticXVPosted 8/24/2011 8:00:51 PM
Balloon Fight is a pretty good; like an upgraded version of Joust. It's certainly much better than Ice Climbers.
---
Dynasty Warriors 5 w/Xtreme Legends Progress:
Lv20 common items: 7/10 Rare items: 29/29 Final Weapons: 32/48
#7derekfishbowl(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 8:04:41 PM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
Balloon Fight is a pretty good; like an upgraded version of Joust. It's certainly much better than Ice Climbers.

Totally agree. Why Nintendo chose the ice climbers for Smash Bros instead of the balloon fighters is beyond me.
#8xoftheuniversePosted 8/24/2011 8:05:03 PM
MarioFanaticXV posted...

Ugh I downloaded Ice Climbers on my Wii... It isn't the worst NES game I have played but it's in the top 5.
---
#9SakurafanboyPosted 8/24/2011 8:07:05 PM
I've never played Balloon Fight. Back in the NES days I was barely even a toddler. I just mostly watched my dad play SMB after he got home from work. Note: He worked 3rd shift so he was super tired. >_> Hah. So I can't really give an opinion on it. From what I saw though its not too bad, but its not a classic.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#10derekfishbowl(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 8:07:40 PM
I never played Balloon Kid. Hopefully we'll get it on VC. I can't think of any other game that scrolls to the left.