For the people who say there should be a 3D-less 3DS

#1Zero3DPosted 8/24/2011 6:56:36 PM
If the whole point of having a 3D-less 3DS is to attract people who are being turned off by the 3D, wouldn't it make much more sense to just inform these people that you can turn the 3D off in their advertisements than make an entirely new model without 3D at all?
#2LemonKweenstaaaPosted 8/24/2011 6:59:18 PM
As I said in another topic, some people think that the 3D screens adds a signifigant change to the price, some even stating it makes up almost half of it.
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/a0gnys.png <3 Splash Woman
#3Zero3D(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 7:12:28 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
As I said in another topic, some people think that the 3D screens adds a signifigant change to the price, some even stating it makes up almost half of it.

Ya, but there are people that have said that even if the 3D screen adds only about $5 it would still be worth making a 3Dless model to bring in the people who don't like 3D, which is why I made this topic because I feel it would make far more sense to just show in their ads that the 3D can be turned off and you can set parental controls to keep it off.
#4toma13Posted 8/24/2011 7:12:48 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...

Well it doesn't. Those people are wrong. The 3DS is only $20 more than a DSi. A 2D version of the system would provide no significant cost savings.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#5toasty_toasterPosted 8/24/2011 7:16:12 PM
I'm sure Nintendo would lose a lot more money having to produce an entirely new line, as opposed to just "telling people" that there is a switch on the side of the system...

and financially, if you don't feel the need to spend $30 extra on a game system, you should invest in another hobby.
---
Check out my music - (Snakes on a plane remix, anyone?)
http://www.youtube.com/user/meowsers450
#6Zero3D(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 7:42:26 PM
toasty_toaster posted...
I'm sure Nintendo would lose a lot more money having to produce an entirely new line, as opposed to just "telling people" that there is a switch on the side of the system....

Also this.

It would cost more money to produce two different models of the 3DS at once. If there is a large audience that is being driven away by the 3D, then financially, it would be better for Nintendo to just put a bigger emphasis on the slider and parental controls.