Does anyone actually LIKE Nintendo and what they're doing...? (Both Sides plz)

#1MattperdPosted 8/25/2011 1:46:34 PM
78/80 --PLEASE READ THE **ENTIRE** POST PLEASE--

First off, early congratulations to the 3DS Board for almost reaching 500 pages! =D It was great meeting and knowing this little family we got of regulars. It's great knowing each one of you. Either a hater, or a supporter- I want to know your opinions.

So, with most of the topics being of negative intention, I'm curious if anyone actually LIKES and supports Nintendo's recent decisions. And if not, why not? HEY! DON'T HIT THAT REPLY BUTTON YET! Keep reading.

I don't want any snarky comments. Sarcasm is okay, but after that sarcasm explain yourself. No typical comments where you're responding with a snarky question (You know who you are), no deliberate bashing, and no just going "lol" to a comment that's saying something dumb. Some literally believe what they post- let's correct calmly, or discuss why they feel that.

So, back on to the main topic: Nintendo's 3DS has received a lot of interest. Whether negative or positive- their decisions have been made noticed. Whether not releasing a AAA title at launch for third parties, eShop isn't to user's liking, the 3DS itself having issues they don't like... is it fair to say everyone feels that way? There's a lot of hate for Nintendo going on after having announced Wii U, and this rumor fiasco for a reiteration for the 3DS has stirred a lot of conflict.

So I'm curious: Out of all this hate, and negativity, does anyone actually like the decisions Nintendo has made? Satisfied with how they're handling the 3DS' plummeting sales- now raising again? Enjoy their 3DS system? And for those who don't like the 3DS or Nintendo: What can they do to earn back your respect or business? Why do you think what you don't like is wrong? What do you want to see out of it?

I hope I explained what I wanted out of this topic clearly enough. I really hope to see some great discussion and opinions.
---
OBJECTION! ... in 3D!
"I'd like to see even MORE babies just to watch all the analpain that would commence" - Second_Chances
#2pikachupwnagePosted 8/25/2011 1:58:41 PM
yes I do.
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador. 3DS FC in quote. Linkachu on pac man and galaga leaderboards. member of the ELN
#3JorgezxPosted 8/25/2011 2:01:54 PM
Mattperd posted...
78/80 --PLEASE READ THE **ENTIRE** POST PLEASE--

First off, early congratulations to the 3DS Board for almost reaching 500 pages! =D It was great meeting and knowing this little family we got of regulars. It's great knowing each one of you. Either a hater, or a supporter- I want to know your opinions.

So, with most of the topics being of negative intention, I'm curious if anyone actually LIKES and supports Nintendo's recent decisions. And if not, why not? HEY! DON'T HIT THAT REPLY BUTTON YET! Keep reading.

I don't want any snarky comments. Sarcasm is okay, but after that sarcasm explain yourself. No typical comments where you're responding with a snarky question (You know who you are), no deliberate bashing, and no just going "lol" to a comment that's saying something dumb. Some literally believe what they post- let's correct calmly, or discuss why they feel that.

So, back on to the main topic: Nintendo's 3DS has received a lot of interest. Whether negative or positive- their decisions have been made noticed. Whether not releasing a AAA title at launch for third parties, eShop isn't to user's liking, the 3DS itself having issues they don't like... is it fair to say everyone feels that way? There's a lot of hate for Nintendo going on after having announced Wii U, and this rumor fiasco for a reiteration for the 3DS has stirred a lot of conflict.

So I'm curious: Out of all this hate, and negativity, does anyone actually like the decisions Nintendo has made? Satisfied with how they're handling the 3DS' plummeting sales- now raising again? Enjoy their 3DS system? And for those who don't like the 3DS or Nintendo: What can they do to earn back your respect or business? Why do you think what you don't like is wrong? What do you want to see out of it?

I hope I explained what I wanted out of this topic clearly enough. I really hope to see some great discussion and opinions.

lol
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 8/25/2011 2:05:49 PM
I commend you TC however this will sadly become troll bait for Ixxy xchaos trekken ect
---
Oi fishface! Lose something eh? Come to negotiate you slimy git? I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!?
#5strongo9Posted 8/25/2011 2:06:14 PM
All of the complaints and negativity are rather silly. I'm satisfied with my 3DS. The 3D effect is awesome and it's a great system without it. Sure it isn't getting a lot of excellent support at the moment, but that's why I own more than just a 3DS. Games are coming, and the games coming are going great. I feel that Nintendo handheld the sales situation well. By aggressively lowering the price they made the 3DS more affordable for people and made the 3DS's price preferable compared to the PSVita's
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#6Mariofan15Posted 8/25/2011 2:08:02 PM
I like them. I've always have. But as another poster said,this is nothing but bait for trolls like chaos.
---
Pokemon White:4728-0143-8299
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#7Lord_FroodPosted 8/25/2011 2:14:20 PM
Hi, Mattperd!
You know, I really don't mind what Nintendo's decisions have been recently. All I know is that in all good time we'll get our AAA games. I'm fine with waiting several months. I've never been an "instant gratification" kind of guy and I don't plan on being one any time soon.

I can understand the frustration behind the eShop, but I'll be honest and say that I haven't bought a single thing off of it yet, lol, so maybe that's why I'm okay with the whole issue. It hasn't really bothered me much. So it was a sloppy release on Nintendo's part, but people act like the Wii, Gamecube, etc; never had it's fair share of lack of features at launch.

Also, I think a lot of the negativity is just because humans really are, at the core of things, greedy selfish people. They WANT WANT WANT and aren't fine with waiting. You're not entitled to anything, complainers. I'm fine with waiting for stuff. I think the negativity is a personal issue more than anything else. People need to chill out. Sorry if I offended anybody in this paragraph, but take it to heart.

In conclusion, if Nintendo were a student, I'd say they're passing with a B. Sure, it could be better, but they're giving it an effort.
---
"Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code!" - Radical Ed
Petitions annoy me.
#8JP_SartrePosted 8/25/2011 3:08:34 PM
I'm not hoping for anything but a design that does not damage itself when closed.
A better refined screen would be nice, too. Atlus support would great.

That's about all I ask from the 3DS.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#9TravisIsGodPosted 8/25/2011 3:13:19 PM
I love Nintendo
---
I'm all about No More Heroes!
I love Capcom and Jill Valentine.
#10nintendoggerPosted 8/25/2011 3:14:10 PM
Yep, me too. I like what they're doing. Do I think it could be better, yeah, yeah I do. But I don't think they're failing or anything.
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.