Shop Down for Maintenance?

#11parKb5Posted 8/25/2011 3:55:16 PM
simondaking posted...
They announced this several days ago in the news section of the eshop that it would be down 6-8 hours.

The only day of the week I go on the eShop is Thursday after work. Why, you may ask? Because that is when the new games come out. Even if they announced it, no one in Nintendo's office thought it might be a bad idea to take the eShop down the day the new games arrive? That would be like GameStop being closed the release date of MarioKart 7.

No matter how you look at it, it was yet another stupid decision made by Nintendo. Like some omnipotent force was preventing Nintendo from doing this maintenance, say on Tuesday?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#12Fick1122(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 3:55:32 PM
So It probably won't be back up until around midnight or so? Yeah honestly, couldn't they at least of picked a day that isn't the day they release new games? It's a genius way to sabotage money making.
#13Nin3DSFanPosted 8/25/2011 3:55:54 PM
If it's globally simultaneous, it will be up again in around 2 hours. IIRC it's 8 pm to 2 am UK time.
#14nintendoggerPosted 8/25/2011 3:58:05 PM
King_of_Nerds posted...
Pinchekria posted...
It'll be up soon. I know this because my uncle works at Nintendo.

Why does everyone say stuff like this..?

Obviously, he doesn't. And this goes for other posts like this as well, unless your uncle lives in Japan. //

I actually knew someone who's uncle really did work for Nintendo. All those posts make me chuckle. :)
---
Official 3DS Looper.
Proud female gamer.
#15simondakingPosted 8/25/2011 3:59:21 PM
King_of_Nerds posted...
Pinchekria posted...
It'll be up soon. I know this because my uncle works at Nintendo.

Why does everyone say stuff like this..?

Obviously, he doesn't. And this goes for other posts like this as well, unless your uncle lives in Japan. //

There is a Nintendo of Europe, America and Australia but still... It's obvious he is lying :P
---
3DS: 1934 - 0847 - 7915
#16jayman7Posted 8/25/2011 4:03:41 PM
I have personally worked with someone who used to work at Nintendo of America, no joke. He wasn't exactly high-level when he did work there, and the closest thing to a secret he ever provided was that his ex-co-workers had allegedly told him that Meta Knight was unbalanced in Brawl before Brawl had actually come out. (Note that Brawl had already been announced long before this point, and Meta Knight was the very first new character revealed for it, so this wasn't exactly the most amazing information ever.) And it's been a few years since I've seen him. But still...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#17BizzyBumPosted 8/25/2011 4:12:29 PM
As if the eShop wasn't bad enough, I actually want to download a game and it's down.
---
BizzyBum - 3DS Ambassador - 3/27 Launch Unit
3DS FC: 0130-1794-5848 (PM me so I know to add you)