what is flipnote memo?

#1kit07Posted 8/25/2011 8:14:29 PM
seeing how we seem to be all waiting for it patiently, I have no idea what it is.
---
Wanting a FF VI remake: started september 4th 2010.
RIP Black 3DS August 12, 2011 - August 16 2011
#2kirbycoolPosted 8/25/2011 8:18:36 PM
Free animation tool that lets you make your own videos and post them to a site where other people watch and rate them. Here is the old versions site.

http://flipnote.hatena.com/

My names kirbycool if ya wanna look me up.
---
Not changing this sig until my sig changes!
3ds code- 3093-7074-4170
#3Lord_FroodPosted 8/25/2011 8:19:33 PM
That Inchworm Animator or whatever it's called looks about 100 times cooler.
---
"Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code!" - Radical Ed
Petitions annoy me.
#4kit07(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 8:20:27 PM
oh sweet! will this be free?
---
#5Xobter_81Posted 8/25/2011 8:22:34 PM
kirbycool40 posted...
Free animation tool that lets you make your own videos and post them to a site where other people watch and rate them. Here is the old versions site.

OMG! you're kirbycool? The guy behind the "randomocity" series?
#61geckoPosted 8/25/2011 8:22:59 PM
kirbycool40 posted...

I remember your flips. They were nice.

Dem charlie teh unicornz.
---
Obvious Self Declared Nobody of the Zelda: Skyward Sword Board
#7Xobter_81Posted 8/25/2011 8:23:34 PM
Lord_Frood posted...

I have inchworm.....

Flipnote's interface is 10x easier to use.
#8kirbycoolPosted 8/25/2011 8:29:32 PM(edited)
Lord_Frood posted...

I use inchworm too. It has many nice features, but lacks most of the basic ones that make other animating tools user friendly. Plus the inchworm site has no comment, or rating system, heck you can't even see how many people watched your video. Sure you could put the video on youtube, but the resolution is horrible. Don't get me wrong, its a nice tool, and is pretty good for short loops, but other than that its pretty counter productive.

Oh and as for TC's question. Yes its free, but thats about all we know. Im curious about what they upgraded, because it could use more features.

EDIT: Haha yeah im that kirbycool, funny to see people here know me. I think all my old videos are horrible though lol, at least some people like them. Im going to up my game when the 3ds version comes out.
---
Not changing this sig until my sig changes!
3ds code- 3093-7074-4170
#9kit07(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 8:29:34 PM
wow im impressed with what you can do with this. i had no idea that it was an animation tool, im now kinda excited for this.

and your shorts were pretty neat
---
#10XXDEADKINGXXPosted 8/25/2011 8:33:10 PM
Flipnote Memo is a animation drawing game. You can create anything you want. It is going to be free, but we have no release date.

And for Inchworm, I'd suggest just waiting. Inchworm is the grown-up version of Flipnote. With more tools and features, which is really great, but the controls sucked as well as the turtioral.

Inchworms has hard controls, and doesn't teach you very much. It is good enough to hold you until Flipnote Memo come out. But, honestly, you can only enjoy it if you love complicated drawing. Flipnote Memo has easier controls, and it is better overall.

I truely suggest just waiting for Flipnote Memo. Unless you really are dieing for a drawing/animation (you'll be doing more drawing than Animation) game, then but it, I guess. Just don't expect it to hold your hand long enough to really show you the basics.