The most incredible 3DS rumor ever!

#1Yusuke UrameshiPosted 8/25/2011 10:56:37 PM
On September 13, Nintendo will announce a firmware upgrade for 3DS which will:

1. Abolish Friend Codes permanently.

2. Disable region lock.

3. Allow users to tie their purchases to an account, allowing them to access their games on multiple systems without having to repurchase them.

...Oh God, I can't keep this up. A 3DS redesign with no 3D? Yeah, I can see that. And it has a second slide pad? Sure, why not. It also eats air pollution and craps solid gold bars? Even that wouldn't be as ridiculously unlikely as the above scenario.

Here's another one: Nintendo uses the press conference to announce Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower for the U.S.. Yep...the air pollution-eating, gold bar-crapping 2DS still looks more plausible.
---
We're in the deep end of the philo/theological pool here, and THE LIFEGUARD JUST WENT ON BREAK.
#2SUPERM3TROIDPosted 8/25/2011 11:11:35 PM
Yusuke Urameshi posted...

Friend codes are completely different from DS friend codes. It is one singular code for each 3ds much the same way you would use IP addresses for gaming on PC's.

2. Disable region lock.

This doesn't make much of a difference and would probably hurt the 3ds as third parties make more money off of region locked consoles as it allows them to price each game for the region and makes it so retailers don't have to compete with each other which puts profits down and makes them less likely to want to carry the product.

3. Allow users to tie their purchases to an account, allowing them to access their games on multiple systems without having to repurchase them.

This is one good point which would allow you to redownload games should you get a 3ds or such. But it is definitely not necessary to make a new revision for this when this could be taken care of in a firmware update.
#3PinchekriaPosted 8/25/2011 11:14:40 PM

NO! Why would they do such a thing!

2. Disable region lock.

I really don't care but I guess it's good for other people that like to import.

Would be great.
---
PSN/Xbox Live/Steam: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#4kamikaze135Posted 8/26/2011 12:11:07 AM(edited)
1) I wish. The number system is stupid, imo. If I meet somebody and I want to share my info, I'd have to email it to them or something because I won't memorize my friend code and many people don't. It's much easier and convenient to allow us to use letters.

2) I wish. EU and JP will be getting games that won't get released in the US. It happens all the time and I'd love to be able to import. I should be able to play any 3DS game I buy regardless of the country it came from. The money still goes to the developer and Nintendo in the end.

3) Another thing Nintendo left out of the 3DS that makes me question how much they actually care for the customers. I get that they did it because they don't want people sharing accounts and re-downloading stuff, but there are other more convenient ways around this. For starters, they can make it so that you deactivate the previous 3DS before importing any previous purchases rendering any downloadable in the old 3DS unusable. Then give you a 24 hour period before being able to activate your account on any 3DS again.

The mentioned things will never happen, but it would be pretty damn cool if it did lol
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5PhantomSwordPosted 8/26/2011 12:22:30 AM
1 and 3 may happen eventually, depending on how Wii U's online turns out. I imagine that 3DS will adopt that online system. Or at least it should.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#6AP3BrainPosted 8/26/2011 12:29:40 AM
I hope 3 actually happens... or the 20 ambassador games will be a temporary venture until the next revision comes.
#7kangle4Posted 8/26/2011 12:34:20 AM
Disabling region locking would be brilliant.
---
3DS FC: 3952-7027-5015
PSN + XBLA: kangle4
#8frofrodajimyboyPosted 8/26/2011 12:35:26 AM
Yusuke Urameshi posted...
On September 13, Nintendo will announce a firmware upgrade for 3DS which will:

2. Disable region lock.

I love how the entire fanbase is capable of coming up with infinitely better ideas than the people paid to come up with ideas.
---
Gamertag: FroFroDaJimyBoy
Wingman, leader, warrior.
#9Yusuke Urameshi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2011 12:44:29 AM
Frofrodajimmyboy posted...
I love how the entire fanbase is capable of coming up with infinitely better ideas than the people paid to come up with ideas.

I didn't come up with anything Sony didn't figure out first.
---
We're in the deep end of the philo/theological pool here, and THE LIFEGUARD JUST WENT ON BREAK.
#10MellowLyricistPosted 8/26/2011 7:42:36 AM
kamikaze135 posted...
1) I wish. The number system is stupid, imo. If I meet somebody and I want to share my info, I'd have to email it to them or something because I won't memorize my friend code and many people don't. It's much easier and convenient to allow us to use letters.

If you both have your 3DSs on you, you don't need to deal with codes. Just communicate wirelessly.

Granted, I've yet to randomly meet someone with a 3DS on them.
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.