Why there is absolutely no chance of a redesign this early

#1gobias101Posted 8/26/2011 12:49:16 AM
For them to have new hardware ready to hit the shelves by even early next year it would have had to have been prototyped and in testing before the 3DS even launched, in which case they would have just delayed the 3DS and released the better version, rather than piss off millions and release it just a few months after the first.
#2TwilightbanePosted 8/26/2011 1:03:49 AM(edited)
Seriously, the fact that many people think there is a possibility now for a redesign is just ridiculous. 3ds has only been out for less than a year and people are already going crazy. If anything, I would see it as more of an add on. How? It goes into where the charger is and extends to bottom of 3ds. How to keep it charging (3ds)? Think wii motion plus accessory. This is blasphemy.
---
Psn:twili23
#3stromvancouverPosted 8/26/2011 1:03:10 AM
Duh, the french are just trolling. You'd have to be pretty gullible think it's real news.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
In my opinion, the 3DS can make pop-tarts.
#4YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 8/26/2011 1:06:29 AM(edited)
Actually the rumor did say the 2nd slide pad for current 3DS owners will be an add on but later on there will be a redesign with it built in. I remember they did the same exact thing with the Wii Motion Plus, after they brought out the add on, they eventually brought it out built into the actual controller itself, I guess some of the 3DS owners dont remember that.

By the way, the redesign may come out august-november 2012, if you look at Nintendos past revisions with how there handled, there revisions are usually released 1.5-8 years AKA 1 year 5-9 months.

Yes I agree it will be like the Wii Motion Plus add on, considering Nintendo has done that type of thing for every device, they made the N64 expansion pack, which was the only way to play Perfect Dark and Majoras Mask.

Accidentally put like instead of the, sorry about that.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#5jayman7Posted 8/26/2011 1:29:41 AM
The BIGGEST reason they're not announcing a redesign is because there's not really any real chance of it being released before the holidays, which means that announcing it would mean no one would buy a 3DS for the holidays (why do so if a better/cheaper one is on the horizon?), and if no one buys 3DSes for the holidays, the system will die. Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot to announce a redesign so soon.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 8/26/2011 1:43:46 AM
Maybe the rumor is fake but we wont know until september 13th, so who knows if its fake or not, even though its probably gonna be fake but hey, Nintendos done it before with the add ons, this isnt anything new, add on things arent new to Nintendo.

People really should not be angry, IF there is a 2nd slide pad in the works for 3DS, especially since its gonna be a 10 dollar ADD ON, which sounds alot like the Wii Motion Plus add on, which was 10 dollars, I believe. Like I said, the rumor can go either way, fake or real.

Did anyone get angry, when they found out Majoras Mask and Perfect Dark for N64 needed the expansion pack? I dont think so, what about the Wii Motion Plus for the Wii, I dont believe fans were angry about that either, they literally ate it all up, maybe they were angry but there not angry anymore. 2nd slide pad, IF its real, will be an add on to the current 3DS, its an add on.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#7d0wnerPosted 8/26/2011 2:04:39 AM
YAMI_ANUBIS_X posted...
Maybe the rumor is fake but we wont know until september 13th..

We're not gonna know on September 13. Nintendo is going to announce something other than a new 3DS. That won't disprove the rumors.

Did anyone get angry, when they found out Majoras Mask and Perfect Dark for N64 needed the expansion pack?

Not sure about Majora's Mask, but the Expansion was optional for Perfect Dark.
---
shoot the core.
#8jayman7Posted 8/26/2011 2:32:17 AM
YAMI_ANUBIS_X posted...
Did anyone get angry, when they found out Majoras Mask and Perfect Dark for N64 needed the expansion pack? I dont think so, what about the Wii Motion Plus for the Wii, I dont believe fans were angry about that either, they literally ate it all up, maybe they were angry but there not angry anymore. 2nd slide pad, IF its real, will be an add on to the current 3DS, its an add on.

I really don't think a second circle pad as an add-on is feasible, and the biggest proponent on this board responded to this by saying that he found it perfectly reasonable without describing how. Besides, even if the circle pad thing is true as an add-on, that doesn't change the fact that announcing a redesign right now would be a terrible idea prone to a massive backfire.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9phildoolPosted 8/26/2011 3:01:31 AM
Sweet, sweet reason! After so much crap and stupid arguments about a stupid french rumor, it really is nice to see some sense.
---
Warning: Trolling will result in immediate decapitation.
Come again and have a nice day.
#10niels200683Posted 8/26/2011 3:06:52 AM
phildool posted...
Sweet, sweet reason! After so much crap and stupid arguments about a stupid french rumor, it really is nice to see some sense.

I like their kissing method and fries, though.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-