Is Kid Icarus gonna be bumped to 2012?

#11crazybotPosted 8/26/2011 9:28:07 AM
I think it's disappointing that it won't make it this year. All signs point towards it being delayed till next year though. We've been hearing about this game forever so it's a shame. But if the delay means online play is added, then it will be worth it. I was shocked that they were even discussing whether online would be a part of the finsihed product back a month ago. It should have been a given.
#12NiiN401Posted 8/26/2011 9:52:47 AM
Wynters387 posted...
I think if there is a redesign with 2 sliders they are probably working the other slider in for left handed people. If this is not the case, then they are probably making sure the online functionality is perfect.

Kid Icarus is local multiplayer only.
---
Steam: bscarell
3DS: 3394-3548-9166 (Name: Danger, send me a PM if you add me)
#13TowelFightPosted 8/26/2011 9:57:54 AM
A 2012 release was always implied. This isn't news.
---
PSN ID: TowelFight
#14gransPosted 8/26/2011 10:10:40 AM

Wynters387 posted...
I think if there is a redesign with 2 sliders they are probably working the other slider in for left handed people. If this is not the case, then they are probably making sure the online functionality is perfect.

Kid Icarus is local multiplayer only.

No, the developers are working on online. Whether it happens or not is another story, but they are trying to make it happen.

A 2012 release was always implied. This isn't news.

For Europe. No one knows about the other regions yet.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#15Chris in CaliPosted 8/26/2011 10:12:01 AM
I hope the do push it back because besides the graphics, that game never looked good to me.
---
Visit my gaming blog - New 3DS & Deus Ex: reviews up!
http://GameEuphoria.blogspot.com/
#16SPDShadowRangerPosted 8/26/2011 10:17:21 AM
I'm pretty sure Nintendo Power already said it is not coming until 2012.
#17gransPosted 8/26/2011 10:20:31 AM
I wouldn't really say no to a delay if it happened. It would be good if they take that extra time to refine the controls further and implement online without problems. Better late and polished than early with flaws and cut features. This has never bothered me, as long as it's for a good reason. The game itself looks great, though from videos the controls could use some polish. It has already come a long way already, the visuals look far better than when we first saw it at E3 2010.

The 3DS has more than enough titles to plow through the holidays without Kid Icarus. Mario Kart alone could probably accomplish that much without any extra help. As it stands, there's Mario 3D Land and Sonic Generations as well. The latter of which is actually looking GOOD now, like Sega is really putting some effort into it.
---
-Granville
#18lizard81288Posted 8/26/2011 11:17:08 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
Seems like it so far. Which leaves Super Mario 3D and maybe Cave Story for the holidays. Kinda disappointing.

Fix'd Sonic Generations for the 3DS looks very lazy. Get the Console or the PC version instead.

Although, there are two Mario games coming out, and both will be system sellers, so i'm sure they (the 3ds & those games) will do good.
---
I hate people in general.
#19gransPosted 8/26/2011 11:43:55 AM

Godstriker8 posted...
Seems like it so far. Which leaves Super Mario 3D and maybe Cave Story for the holidays. Kinda disappointing.

Fix'd Sonic Generations for the 3DS looks very lazy. Get the Console or the PC version instead.

Although, there are two Mario games coming out, and both will be system sellers, so i'm sure they (the 3ds & those games) will do good.

Sonic Generations looks quite decent now actually. Besides some minor physics gripes, the game has improved leaps and bounds over the E3 build shown just a few months ago. I'm now anticipating it, after going from being thoroughly disappointed initially. It looks like they're trying to make it a better game. Both the console AND handheld versions could end up being great. Assuming so, they'd both be worth owning due to the different level design.
---
-Granville
#20strongo9Posted 8/26/2011 11:50:00 AM
I think it's a given that Kid Icarus will come out in 2012.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!