so what am I supposed to do with spare change on my account?

#11niels200683Posted 8/26/2011 7:19:47 AM
Mattperd posted...
atomicx posted...
DarkOctavius posted...
It seems nintendo will rack up a lot of money with all the spare change lying around.

Yep, that is pretty much the idea from Nintendo's perspective. It's ridiculous that we have to fork over $10 in advance for something that may only cost $3.

They aren't the only ones who do it... Xbox 360 does it too, if not worse...

PS3 too.

At least Xbox has 'points' like the Wii did, which usually means it rounds out reasonably well.

At least you can spend the spare cents on useless avatars, backgrounds or donate it whenever there is a disaster in Japan (didn't see any relief programs on PSN for Catrina... but Japan gets hit and - kablam, entire PSN is themed to take your donation money)
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#12Baha05Posted 8/26/2011 7:23:18 AM
State =/= Country

So Katrina gets need relief aid. Not to mention since it happened in Japan and was far more devastating it wouldn't be surprising to see Sony or Nintendo do this
#13niels200683Posted 8/26/2011 7:27:11 AM
The state in Africa (the continent) is much worse than in Japan even right after the disaster... I still don't see a way to donate the 72 cents I have in my PSN account to Africa... That makes me a sad panda :(
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#14Baha05Posted 8/26/2011 7:29:43 AM
Because no one gives a damn about Africa
#15pikachupwnagePosted 8/26/2011 8:07:14 AM
all that spare change will eventual add up.
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador. 3DS FC in quote. Linkachu on pac man and galaga leaderboards. member of the ELN
#16MellowLyricistPosted 8/26/2011 8:16:29 AM
Sony does make you pay $5 minimum, but you can pay exact amounts down to the penny if it's more. That, and PSN actually holds sales every week unlike Nintendo.

With the eShop, you will always, always have money lying around, unless Nintendo decides to stop being so draconian and let you pay tax upfront (read: they won't). It's nearly impossible to fully get rid of your balance if you're limited to round dollar amounts and are still expected to pay tax within that amount. If you want to buy a $10 game, you shouldn't have to pay $15. This should be a banned practice. At least with Wii, they're points, so you can still spend exact amounts (and pay the tax ahead of time).
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.
#17BigDaddyWingnutPosted 8/26/2011 8:39:02 AM
It's annoying. I don't have to pay tax on the e-shop so I have 6 cents in my account. I'd rather the games be an even price (eg. $2.00 instead of $1.99). It just irks me for some reason.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758(Wingnut) DeviantArt-http://bigdaddywingnut.deviantart.com/
I hereby nominate Candlejack for the new Super Sma
#18MellowLyricistPosted 8/26/2011 9:06:31 AM(edited)
6 is probably closer than I'll ever get. Heck, when buying stuff that costs 99 at grocery stores, I never wait for a penny, so I've lost a lot more than 6. I understand not wanting to see it in your balance all the time, though.
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.
#19Bass_X0Posted 8/26/2011 11:39:07 AM
I tend to collect pennies for use in the self-serve lane at the supermarket here. Or buy very cheap things like candy using pennies.

Unwanted pennies = "free" stuff.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."