3DS remak of Final Fatnasy V

#111shadetail1Posted 8/26/2011 8:08:20 AM
SlimeStack: I didn't say anything about the amount of new games, I'm just sick and tired of them continuing to focus on the same ones over and over and over and over and etc.

But since you bring up the subject, I will mention that resources spent on redoing old games are resources not spent on creating new ones.

Mascara_Snake: You missed my point. By at least a mile.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#12SlimeStackPosted 8/26/2011 8:13:05 AM(edited)
Focusing on remakes implies fewer new games. The fact that we get more new games than remakes means they're not focusing on it. They consume resources, but significantly less than a new game, which is why they're able to churn them out between bigger titles. And the revenue generated can also be spent on the new games. They only release FFIV every 5 minutes because they know it's easy to produce and guarantees sales from fans. It's precisely why FFIV Complete Collection came out. Their profits were down, so they grabbed cash where they could to continue funding their main projects.
---
3DS: 3351-4237-2268
#13Sol_ClydePosted 8/26/2011 8:11:24 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
["No they didn't. V and VI got enhanced ports, not remakes."]

That's a distinction without a difference. Regardless of the details, they keep focusing on the same games. It's time for something else.

Something else, like all the PS2-PS3 era stuff they make?
No thanks. I'll keep praying for remakes.
---
"Iwata say one God
"in the game, still has 10 hours to 20 hours without a battery and a game I would not make sense at all""
#14Mascara_SnakePosted 8/26/2011 8:21:52 AM(edited)
1shadetail1 posted...
SlimeStack: I didn't say anything about the amount of new games, I'm just sick and tired of them continuing to focus on the same ones over and over and over and over and etc.

But since you bring up the subject, I will mention that resources spent on redoing old games are resources not spent on creating new ones.

Mascara_Snake: You missed my point. By at least a mile.

No, I actually understood what you were saying, but still wanted to show it.

The thing is: I want to see FFV+VI remakes. I don't care if it's the same basic game. If it's one of my favorite games and the developer wants to (and does) touch it up to the point where it's a fairly new experience, then I'll want to play it. It's the same reason I enjoy re-watching some movies when I find that they've had HD releases.

Also, this part isn't directed at you, 1shadetail1, but I just felt the need to comment on the idea: I don't really see how developers publishing remakes/ports is bad for them or consumers. Making new IPs or unique titles is inherently risky, because you never know for sure what people are going to buy. Shoving out remakes/ports is basically akin to free money considering the guaranteed sales and lower budget needed to produce them. The more money that a developer has, the more likely it is to take new risks, so it's win-win.

Obviously there's some publishers who abuse this kind of thing (they almost all do to an extent, of course), but there's no real point in complaining about it, other than venting, because nobody's going to be able to change that, really.

tl;dr, I understand (and share) the desire for new games, but I also enjoy seeing my old favorites redone.
---
Eagerly awaiting Phantasy Star Online 2. <3
#15d0wnerPosted 8/26/2011 8:27:48 AM
I've been eagerly awaiting a FFV remake since IV on DS. I'm sure it's coming, now it's just a waiting game.
---
shoot the core.
#161shadetail1Posted 8/26/2011 8:29:07 AM
SlimeStack, you're still talking about things I haven't said. I didn't say they are focusing on remakes, and I also didn't say anything about the amount of new games coming out.

I *did* say that I am tired of them focusing on the first six roman numerals in the FF series and would like them to move on to something else.

I also mentioned, though it is really beside the point, that resources spent on one thing are resources that can't be spent on another. And given the massive leap in development times and costs over the past 10 or so years, this isn't as minor an issue as you make it out to be.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#17DeuxHeroPosted 8/26/2011 8:29:25 AM
I loved 5, I'd prefer a prequel (ala the after years) though.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#18kamikaze135Posted 8/26/2011 8:30:44 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
["No they didn't. V and VI got enhanced ports, not remakes."]

That's a distinction without a difference. Regardless of the details, they keep focusing on the same games. It's time for something else.

Like Final Fantasy XIII and XIV? You're right. I'd much rather have games like that than a remake of a game I actually enjoyed.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#19SlimeStackPosted 8/26/2011 8:33:51 AM
To use your own words: a distinction without a difference. Focusing on remaking FF1 is still focusing on remaking.
---
3DS: 3351-4237-2268
#20hyrulelslPosted 8/26/2011 8:43:28 AM
I'm sick of all those remakes.
---
So many moms, so little time.