3DS vs DS?

• Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
Going to college soon and around september my financial aid check will be coming, was thinking about getting a portable gaming system since I have pretty much ditched console gaming.

I know the 3DS can play all the DS games but how is the 3DS library, anything worth owning, or should I just stick with a DS for now?

I probably won't be doing anymore then just playing games like Animal Crossing, pokemon, 3D Zelda (if I got the 3DS)
---
I play War Shooter: Modern War. It's the exact same as CoD but only 24 people play it online so it's better because it's not popular, just like me.
4 years ago#2
3DS is a forward compatible DS.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
4 years ago#3
MicroOmegaMan posted...
3DS is a forward compatible DS.

Backward compatible

Might as well get a 3DS, TC. It's the newest handheld, can play DS games and has some good games coming out for it.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
4 years ago#4
3DS has a few good games (Zelda, Street Fighter, Ridge Racer, Nintendogs), and several more coming out in the next few months. I'd say get it.
---
Jabba doesn't have time for smugglers who drop their pants at the first sign of an imperial cruiser
4 years ago#5
And no one says "Use your check to pay for college"?

For real, though, get a 3DS. They're totally awesome.
---
This city just proved to you that it's full of people ready to believe in confetti.
Gamertag: Batman Confetti
4 years ago#6
teriyakiwind3x posted...

Honestly man, school comes first!
/motherrage
But yeah, do at least ONE smart investment and go with the 3DS.
---
"Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code!" - Radical Ed
Petitions annoy me.
4 years ago#7

teriyakiwind3x posted...

---
This city just proved to you that it's full of people ready to believe in confetti.
Gamertag: Batman Confetti

Normally, I would say something along the lines of this, however, I had a student who spent over 1000 dollars on a PS3/3DTV bundle. That being said, while I do think it's a little irresponsible to spend financial aid on frivolous things, $170 seems a heck of a lot better than what I've seen.

So do what you wish. I personally saved my excess financial aid to help pay back student loans, but you may not have any of those.

4 years ago#8
At this point you might as well go for the 3DS. It's only $20 more than a DSi anyway.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
4 years ago#9
X_Colbert_X posted...

teriyakiwind3x posted...

And no one says "Use your check to pay for college"?For real, though, get a 3DS. They're totally awesome.---This city just proved to you that it's full of people ready to believe in confetti.Gamertag: Batman Confetti

Normally, I would say something along the lines of this, however, I had a student who spent over 1000 dollars on a PS3/3DTV bundle. That being said, while I do think it's a little irresponsible to spend financial aid on frivolous things, $170 seems a heck of a lot better than what I've seen.So do what you wish. I personally saved my excess financial aid to help pay back student loans, but you may not have any of those.

Thats really truely sad. Has anyone tohught of a book, I got a 2400 page series for 24 bucks...(chronicals of the necormancer, HIGHLY recomend it)
---
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
Yes my spelling stinks, quiet!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived