3DS vs DS?

#1GKD234Posted 8/26/2011 9:29:14 PM
Going to college soon and around september my financial aid check will be coming, was thinking about getting a portable gaming system since I have pretty much ditched console gaming.

I know the 3DS can play all the DS games but how is the 3DS library, anything worth owning, or should I just stick with a DS for now?

I probably won't be doing anymore then just playing games like Animal Crossing, pokemon, 3D Zelda (if I got the 3DS)
---
I play War Shooter: Modern War. It's the exact same as CoD but only 24 people play it online so it's better because it's not popular, just like me.
#2MicroOmegaManPosted 8/26/2011 9:30:57 PM
3DS is a forward compatible DS.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#3kamikaze135Posted 8/26/2011 9:35:46 PM
MicroOmegaMan posted...
3DS is a forward compatible DS.

Backward compatible

Might as well get a 3DS, TC. It's the newest handheld, can play DS games and has some good games coming out for it.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4NinjaKitsunePosted 8/26/2011 9:37:49 PM
3DS has a few good games (Zelda, Street Fighter, Ridge Racer, Nintendogs), and several more coming out in the next few months. I'd say get it.
---
Jabba doesn't have time for smugglers who drop their pants at the first sign of an imperial cruiser
#5Baron_LambertoPosted 8/26/2011 10:15:09 PM
And no one says "Use your check to pay for college"?

For real, though, get a 3DS. They're totally awesome.
---
This city just proved to you that it's full of people ready to believe in confetti.
Gamertag: Batman Confetti
#6Lord_FroodPosted 8/26/2011 10:20:45 PM
teriyakiwind3x posted...

Honestly man, school comes first!
/motherrage
But yeah, do at least ONE smart investment and go with the 3DS.
---
"Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code!" - Radical Ed
Petitions annoy me.
#7X_Colbert_XPosted 8/26/2011 10:21:37 PM

teriyakiwind3x posted...

---
This city just proved to you that it's full of people ready to believe in confetti.
Gamertag: Batman Confetti

Normally, I would say something along the lines of this, however, I had a student who spent over 1000 dollars on a PS3/3DTV bundle. That being said, while I do think it's a little irresponsible to spend financial aid on frivolous things, $170 seems a heck of a lot better than what I've seen.

So do what you wish. I personally saved my excess financial aid to help pay back student loans, but you may not have any of those.

#8toma13Posted 8/26/2011 11:10:18 PM
At this point you might as well go for the 3DS. It's only $20 more than a DSi anyway.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#9MasterEchuPosted 8/27/2011 12:36:08 AM
X_Colbert_X posted...

teriyakiwind3x posted...

And no one says "Use your check to pay for college"?For real, though, get a 3DS. They're totally awesome.---This city just proved to you that it's full of people ready to believe in confetti.Gamertag: Batman Confetti

Normally, I would say something along the lines of this, however, I had a student who spent over 1000 dollars on a PS3/3DTV bundle. That being said, while I do think it's a little irresponsible to spend financial aid on frivolous things, $170 seems a heck of a lot better than what I've seen.So do what you wish. I personally saved my excess financial aid to help pay back student loans, but you may not have any of those.

Thats really truely sad. Has anyone tohught of a book, I got a 2400 page series for 24 bucks...(chronicals of the necormancer, HIGHLY recomend it)
---
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
Yes my spelling stinks, quiet!