You know, the 3DS can't die. It's logically impossible.

#1KaiserLeoPosted 8/26/2011 10:12:25 PM
I hate Nintendo with every fibre of my being for being backwards money grubbing scumbags, for many reasons, and I refuse to buy a 3DS. I also found Pokemon BW to be one of the most boring JRPGS I have ever played due to again, many reasons. I don't care for Mario either, never did. SEGA household until the PSX. No one wants to read a wall of text, so I'll refrain from that.

But it is impossible for it to die. It's getting Mario and a Mario Kart soonish. GameFreak has the 3DS dev kit and have had it for quite some time now, more than likely why no 3rd BW game is popping up. As soon as those come in, instant 6-12Million sales world wide.

They also have no competition from SONY. Ratchet, Little Big Planet, Sly and Jak are vastly different to Mario, probably not even the same demographic. Modnation Racers controls like crap compared to Mario Kart and Vita isn't getting a Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing as far as we know.

inviZimals is a boring, glorified tech demo with only a couple of hours of appeal, like all Augmented Reality games.

Stunted till Pokemon and Mario? Sure. Zelda has never been THAT big, probably should not have banked on it. But dying? Could only wish.
---
SEGA has stronger IPs than Nintendo.
#2xCha0sPosted 8/26/2011 10:16:07 PM(edited)
saleswise nintendos not going to die because they already sold out to the lowest common denominator (casualified themselves) and became family friendly and a household name. in terms of hardcore gamers though, it already died at wii if you ask me. the 3DS and Wii-U are all about trying to revive what nintendo already killed. they didnt intend to do that to hardcore gamers, they tried to be both, but they mustve missed that saying, when you try to be everything to everyone youre nothing to nobody. its an age old saying ive been using for years.
#3Lord_FroodPosted 8/26/2011 10:15:13 PM
Why would anybody wish for a system to die?

I DON'T LIKE OTHER PEOPLE TO HAVE NICE THINGS AND ENJOY THEM. BRB SHAVING NECKBEARD.
---
"Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code!" - Radical Ed
Petitions annoy me.
#4Lord_FroodPosted 8/26/2011 10:17:46 PM
xCha0s posted...
saleswise nintendos not going to die because they already sold out to the lowest common denominator (casualified themselves) and became family friendly and a household name. in terms of hardcore gamers though, it already died at wii if you ask me. the 3DS and Wii-U are all about trying to revive what nintendo already killed.

Wii had Monster Hunter, Brawl, RE4, NMH1 and 2, Mad World, Okami, TvC, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, TP, Klonoa, Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I'd say that's a pretty hardcore line up.
---
Petitions annoy me.
#5Wynters387Posted 8/26/2011 10:19:08 PM
*rams a moon into both the tc and xchaos* wait that wasn't moon...

It was a space station!
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 I'm the only TRUE shark riding pudding spreading maniac on gamefaqs.
#6Lord_FroodPosted 8/26/2011 10:20:20 PM
Wynters387 posted...

It was a space station!

"The space colony, ARK!"
---
Petitions annoy me.
#7xCha0sPosted 8/26/2011 10:24:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8so64Posted 8/26/2011 10:23:53 PM
Wynters387 posted...

It was a space station!

Was it the Space Station Silicon Valley?
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#9DT-FoxPosted 8/26/2011 10:24:20 PM
This is the first time I've actually heard someone who admitted to legitimately hating Nintendo, but didn't let their hate drive their argument to the "factual reason" why the system is going to fail.

I need to lie down for a bit...
---
Don't ask yourself why you keep coming back to these boards
You wont find a good enough answer...
#10Wynters387Posted 8/26/2011 10:25:34 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Wynters387 posted...

It was a space station!

"The space colony, ARK!"

I should really be sleeping but a sensed a disturbance in the pudding.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 I'm the only TRUE shark riding pudding spreading maniac on gamefaqs.