What if Nintendo announces...

#1elheberPosted 8/29/2011 2:54:54 PM
... That a new 3DS model will be launched in Spring called the 3DS-U, it will be XL sized, have 2 analogs, and it will be the primary controller for the Wii U (the tablet controller is scrapped).

Furthermore, the second analog is only for Wii U use, and the current 3DS can be used for the Wii U with the purchase of a special analog attachment (that must be removed to close the 3DS).

Lastly, the Wii U is planned for a Holiday 2012 launch, and will come in 2 SKUs: one with a 3DS-U and the console
and one with just the console, both without price announcement yet (though it is speculated they will take a huge loss on the console).

Do you:
A. Keep the current 3DS and buy the attachment later for the Wii U.
B. Buy the 3DS-U in spring and use it for the Wii U.
C. Wait until Wii U launch to buy it with the 3DS-U packed-in.
D. Not get the Wii U but gett the 3DS-U despite no second analog functionality for 3DS games.
E. Not get either the 3DS-U nor the Wii U.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#2khallos14Posted 8/29/2011 2:59:16 PM
Z) eat these chips and laugh at your improbable prediction
---
Pokemon Black FC 0561 9129 8878
#3Crooked_CapnPosted 8/29/2011 2:59:54 PM
Though unlikely, I would reluctantly go with E. Years of being a Nintendo fanboy would be destroyed in that madness.
#4teh1337gosuPosted 8/29/2011 3:01:14 PM
I severely doubt that, a large screen with parallax barrier technology is bound to be expensive.

About dual analogs, they're good for shooters, but as much as I dislike Metroid Prime Hunters, it had wonderful controls, touchscreen plus slider is better than dual analogs.

There is way too much nonsense on this board, I've seen the launches of everything from the SNES, the GBC, GBA, DS Phat, the 3DS's library 5 months in is really good, and in one year it'll be great.

I remember with the DS Phat waiting until June (from November) to finally get a decent game in Kirby Canvas Curse. The GBA had Mario Bros 2 and Rayman 1, nothing special.

The 3DS is also $169.99, the DS Phat in Canada was $229 (low dollar, now it's parity) for a long while too.

...and now for this post to be lost in a sea of 2DS/Vita/Nintendo is going third party.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#5elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 3:05:06 PM
3DS games would not use the second analog. I said this in the OP.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#6simondaking2kPosted 8/29/2011 3:06:35 PM
They are announcing a pokemon themed 3DS to get the pokemon fans on board.
#7fire2boxPosted 8/29/2011 3:26:25 PM
F. Never buy from nintendo ever again, period.

That's honestly one of the worst theories/idea's I've ever heard. Especially the part about a system having a second stick but it can only be used for a completely different system. Luckly no one really think's such nosense other then maybe the TC. But im sure he's just trolling anyways.

But yeah if that did happen. Vita, for sure.
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#8FoofyheadPosted 8/29/2011 3:43:35 PM
What would you do if Sony then announced a new Vita model in the Spring?
---
Currently playing: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Dragon Quest VI (the DS version, in case you don't have a clue).
#9GhetsisPosted 8/29/2011 3:46:28 PM
"Wii U - The first console to have controllers that cost over $150!"

I'm sure it'd sell billions.
---
Gravity's not getting another cent of my money unless they fix that God-awful Rune Knight sprite.
#10Second_ChancesPosted 8/29/2011 3:51:06 PM
It won't happen because
- No one in their right mind would want to buy a second console just to do multiplayer for a home console
- The 3D effect would be gone due to screen size and the XL is ugly anyway and Nintendo wouldn't do it

So yah
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground