Questions about repairs.

#1Marioguy5Posted 8/30/2011 5:59:43 PM
As stated,I have a couple questions about sending my 3DS in for repairs.
1.Will I lose any data?
2.How do I do it?
3.If I bought my 3DS on launch day and registered it on Club Nintendo,do I still even have a warranty?
4.Will I lose my ambassador status?
Thanks!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are OVER 9000% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#2nintendoggerPosted 8/30/2011 6:01:53 PM
1.Will I lose any data?
Nope. Not sure if FC changes.
2.How do I do it?
PM me for help.
3.If I bought my 3DS on launch day and registered it on Club Nintendo,do I still even have a warranty?
Not sure about this.
4.Will I lose my ambassador status?
Nope!
---
Ande's 3DS: 1848-1822-1324
Proud female gamer.
#3Marioguy5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2011 6:14:34 PM
Also,does it cost money?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are OVER 9000% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#4Lord_FroodPosted 8/30/2011 6:17:21 PM
Marioguy5 posted...
Also,does it cost money?

Lots! That is if you're not under warranty. Which you are.
I think Nintendo even handles shipping.
---
"Fire must be a bad because it's old. The wheel must be bad because it's old. Everything old is horrible and SHOULD be updated." -MechaKoopa5000
#5Marioguy5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2011 6:22:58 PM
YIKES! I just checked,and fixing a scratch in my screen is gonna cost 55 bucks! My warranty apparently gives me 30$ off...
---
#6Lord_FroodPosted 8/30/2011 6:26:27 PM
Marioguy5 posted...
YIKES! I just checked,and fixing a scratch in my screen is gonna cost 55 bucks! My warranty apparently gives me 30$ off...

Really? What a bummer! I thought warranty gave you one free repair lol, sorry to hear that, man.
It cost about $70 to replace my laser and other disc reading stuff on the Wii w/o warranty.
---
"Fire must be a bad because it's old. The wheel must be bad because it's old. Everything old is horrible and SHOULD be updated." -MechaKoopa5000
#7Marioguy5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2011 6:30:59 PM
Whoa,70 bucks??? It probably costs THEM like 10 bucks or something to fix it...
---
#8packattackPosted 8/30/2011 6:54:10 PM
If the scratch is due to the system scratching itself it WILL be a free repair. If it is a scratch you created, the warranty doesn't apply. Warranty is 12 months or 12 months+90 days if you registered it to club nintendo.
---
Single and multiplayer video game highscore competition - over 450 games - www.cyberscore.me.uk
#9Starwars4JPosted 8/30/2011 6:57:30 PM
And the repair fee is a flat fee. They can fix anything from a scratched screen to the thing being broken in half, so it's not really fair to say they're ripping you off with it. And as someone else said, if it was the system's fault it will be free, if it's yours it won't. Like with any other warranty from any other company.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10Lord_FroodPosted 8/30/2011 6:57:48 PM
Marioguy5 posted...
Whoa,70 bucks??? It probably costs THEM like 10 bucks or something to fix it...

Eh, it's a business, everybody's got to eat lol
inb4fanboydefender
I just like to keep a positive outlook.
---