Are certain DS games incompatible?

#1crowe_1Posted 8/31/2011 4:40:07 AM
Picked up a used copy of Elite Beat Agents from EBGames for my gf's 3DS, but when we put the cart in it says "no card inserted" (may not be verbatim). Other DS games work fine. Do you think this is just a faulty cart, or is there some list of DS games that are not compatible with the 3DS? Thanks!
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#2SenzekiPosted 8/31/2011 4:41:10 AM
Seems like a faulty (or dirty) cart. Try cleaning the cart with a q-tip. I own the game and it works on my 3DS.
---
[Ambassador] 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8195-9780 -- PS3 ID: Senzeki
#3FoofyheadPosted 8/31/2011 4:44:16 AM
I've got a copy around here somewhere, if no one else responds, I'll check it out.
---
But know this much is true: No matter what I do, no matter what I say, offend in every way.
#4T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 8/31/2011 4:46:18 AM
No. All games are compatible. The cart is either extremely dirty, or a bootleg.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#5thedicemasterPosted 8/31/2011 5:07:03 AM
some are incompatible, but those are easily recognizable.
pirated copies/clones are often incompatible.
and games that require the use of a GBA-slot peripheral (my piano, guitar hero, opera browser)
elite beat agents should work though.
#6Sparky1928Posted 8/31/2011 5:13:07 AM
All DS games are compatible.
But some are unplayable thanks to the stupid mic mechanic,since they removed the mic.(I'm looking at you,spirit tracks...)
#7THE gamefreak 212Posted 8/31/2011 5:15:30 AM
But some are unplayable thanks to the stupid mic mechanic,since they removed the mic.(I'm looking at you,spirit tracks...)

The 3DS has a mic. It's not visible, but it's there. I came to the conclusion that it's under the hinge.
---
"The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven And Hell!" Black Sabbath- Heaven And Hell
#8xoftheuniversePosted 8/31/2011 5:19:08 AM
THE gamefreak 212 posted...

The 3DS has a mic. It's not visible, but it's there. I came to the conclusion that it's under the hinge.

lol fail try looking below the start button.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#9BoosenPosted 8/31/2011 5:24:53 AM
xoftheuniverse posted...

lol fail try looking below the start button.

What are you talking about? Thats some random and totally out of place speaker.
---
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3DS FC - 1461 - 6256 - 5395 Name - Brysen
#10Sparky1928Posted 8/31/2011 5:28:03 AM

Well,at least they could have put it on a more visible place,because,seriously,would people bother to look all around the 3DS just to find something essential for many games?
That's the only flaw of the 3DS,moving the buttons around.I once pushed the shut down button,thinking it was the start button.Great.