Has anyone figured out how to save in LoZ?

#1RemixDeluxePosted 8/31/2011 7:21:21 AM
I remember playing this game on my NES and you had to plug in a 2nd controller and press UP+A on the item menu to save. I rather not have to die and get a death count on my file just to be able to save.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2JediBoB101Posted 8/31/2011 7:22:20 AM
what does getting a death count do? never played the original
#3T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 8/31/2011 7:23:07 AM
It diminishes your e-penis.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#4RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 7:23:39 AM
Jedi BoB101 posted...

Nothing bad happens. It just looks ugly on your file cause it can show how badly you suck at the game or whatnot. Since you cant plug in another controller to the 3DS there must be some other way to save.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#5CPFacePosted 8/31/2011 7:24:49 AM
Press Start to go to menu.

Hold L+R, then press Y to change to Controller 2.

Press Up + A to open save screen

L+R and Y again to go back to Controller 1.

It's listed in the Manual if you forget.
---
Visit this link to be bitten by a werewolf:
http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114199780
#6brStalkerPosted 8/31/2011 7:26:19 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
Jedi BoB101 posted...

Nothing bad happens. It just looks ugly on your file cause it can show how badly you suck at the game or whatnot. Since you cant plug in another controller to the 3DS there must be some other way to save.

Hold L+R and press Y to change between player 1 controls and player 2 controls, then follow the standard in-game same procedures.

Checking the manual really helps.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#7blablablax17Posted 8/31/2011 7:26:53 AM
it will probably be like the gameboy classics where you just tap the touch screen
#8derekfishbowlPosted 8/31/2011 7:30:31 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
It diminishes your e-penis.

Lol, so it's like a minish condom.
#9RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 7:39:35 AM(edited)
CPFace posted...
Press Start to go to menu.

Hold L+R, then press Y to change to Controller 2.

Press Up + A to open save screen

L+R and Y again to go back to Controller 1.

It's listed in the Manual if you forget.

Wait was it like this for the NES version or just this?

Nvm I just realized how stupid I sounded. There was no L,R, or Y buttons on the NES controller so I can assume its just for this.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#10CPFacePosted 8/31/2011 7:43:25 AM
Wait was it like this for the NES version or just this?

Unlike some re-releases of LoZ -- Wii Virtual Console, GBA NES Classics, Zelda Anniversary Edition -- this seems to be a straight ROM dump of the original NES cartridge with no modifications at all, right down to the spelling of "Gannon" in the opening monologue.

This means that the button combination to open the save menu has to be entered with Controller 2. Luckily, all of the NES games on the 3DS allow you to change which controller you're using by holding down both shoulder buttons (L and R), and pressing the Y button.

So you press Start to go to the subscreen. You hold L and R and press Y to change to Controller 2. You press Up and A to open the save menu. Then you hold L and R and press Y again to change back to Controller 1.

It's all a bit complicated. Presumably, this is why Nintendo is talking about having updated versions for Ambassadors later on -- all they've got right now are straight ROM dumps, so later on we'll get the versions where they've actually changed the code to allow for things like saving in Zelda without switching controllers or playing multiplayer wirelessly.
---
Visit this link to be bitten by a werewolf:
http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114199780