I'm glad we're getting all of these free games, but....

#1abear90Posted 8/31/2011 9:50:29 AM
Nintendo's laziness/unpreparedness is really starting to bother me.

It's incredible how difficult they made it to download 10 NES games. This was supposed to be a reward for being a loyal customer.

Yet to download 10 at best mediocre games that I'm guessing most of the "ambassadors" already own several copies of (and beaten), we have to navigate to a menu I didn't even know existed, scroll to the bottom of it, choose games one at a time, and over a period of 15 minutes of "swipe, click, swipe, click, click" download 10 different files? It's ridiculous how difficult Nintendo makes the simplest things.

Oh, and that's not to mention that we've only gotten half of the games. The other half? They're coming "TBA 2011."

The whole thing just smells funny. The fact that we only get half of our "reward" games now reminds me of the 3DS launch, where they launched the system without most of its system functions intact until that first software update.

I wish Nintendo would act a little more professional. To be honest, 60% of these games weren't worth the 15 minutes it took me to get them. And again, I know they were "free." I was mostly looking forward to the GBA games. But who knows when we'll be getting those.

But as a "rewards" program, I don't feel very rewarded. I feel cheated, actually.
#2PlaysaverPosted 8/31/2011 9:54:40 AM
well i knew the menu was there, but i really think after downloading the game it should still be in the same menu. In my case all these new games are on the 2nd page of downloads so it takes me even more time to go through all the menus.
#3abear90(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 9:55:22 AM
Haha and I just now downloaded "Ambassador Certificate." I had no idea what it was. The app made me laugh out loud when I opened it. Sometimes, Nintendo is ridiculous.
#4Number43Posted 8/31/2011 9:57:35 AM
Did you watch the ambassador certificate the whole way through? It repeats itself in 4 different languages.
#5abear90(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 10:00:06 AM
Number43 posted...
Did you watch the ambassador certificate the whole way through? It repeats itself in 4 different languages.

Yeah, lol that's why I laughed. Why have one app for each country when you can just make one?
#6Dick_McGumshoePosted 8/31/2011 10:05:57 AM

10 at best mediocre games

No.

most of the "ambassadors" already own several copies of (and beaten)

No.

a menu I didn't even know existed

... >_>

60% of these games weren't worth the 15 minutes it took me to get them.

>__>

I feel cheated, actually.

I feel more cheated from the time it took me to read and respond to your post.
---
Official Defective Gumshoe of all Attorney related boards.
You fail to grasp the concept of 'shooting people is bad', detective. - Phoenix Wright