holding R and L buttons will trigger player 1 or 2

#1GameMaster14GMPosted 8/31/2011 9:36:56 AM
as the title suggests, you can swap player ports by pressing and holding R and L and press Y i believe, this may do good for Zelda i believe
---
Erick GM14 1590-4689-0365
#2RPGMaster95Posted 8/31/2011 9:39:21 AM
awww but will it let me play the green plumber?
---
Funny movie my friend and I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAo_UvVHR44
#3sdfiqdhaPosted 8/31/2011 9:41:56 AM
WHy would this do good for Zelda?
---
Why not? SFW?
#4NyyarkPosted 8/31/2011 9:42:34 AM
You need player 2 to save.
#5xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/31/2011 10:08:48 AM(edited)
sdfiqdha posted...
WHy would this do good for Zelda?

You have to switch over to player 2 and then press up and A to create a save mid-game. Obviously just exiting will create a save state like the Wii does but these are lost upon starting back up so it's a good alternative...

[EDIT] Yeah so apparently this doesn't work on these versions... or I'm missing something else.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#6PlaysaverPosted 8/31/2011 10:32:29 AM
on zelda you you'll need to press the start button to get into the inventory screen that's done with controler 1. Then you need to switch to controler 2 push up and a button.
Then switch back to controler 1. push select to pick the option you want then the start button to pick the option you selected. A Lot of the first nes consoles came with the 2 controlers so this wasn't as much of a problem back then.
#7shampoowarriorPosted 8/31/2011 10:46:12 AM
Let's hope those future updates are going to make stuff like this less of a hassle (without deleting saves, please).
---
To a kid lookin' up to me, life ain't nothin' but pixels and money.
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#8xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/31/2011 12:06:02 PM
Playsaver posted...
on zelda you you'll need to press the start button to get into the inventory screen that's done with controler 1. Then you need to switch to controler 2 push up and a button.
Then switch back to controler 1. push select to pick the option you want then the start button to pick the option you selected. A Lot of the first nes consoles came with the 2 controlers so this wasn't as much of a problem back then.

Ahhhh... thx for the clarification, I knew I missed something.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."