FPS on the 3DS

#1GdboyratedloudPosted 8/31/2011 12:18:16 PM
So I been thinking, after hearing all the 2nd analog rumors and after seeing the control scheme for Kid Icarus Uprising, a 2nd analog is unneccessary!!!!

For a fps: circle pad movement, touch screen stylus aiming, L button to shoot, control pad for ducking jumping item switch

Makes perfect sense right????
#2Dick_McGumshoePosted 8/31/2011 12:20:16 PM
I agree. This is how it was for Metroid Prime Hunters, and that worked perfectly. Not to mention, if the developer really wanted the 3DS to have a 2nd analogue stick, they could even put one on the touch screen for your right thumb.
---
Official Defective Gumshoe of all Attorney related boards.
Maybe I should call men "pal", and woman "palette"...
#3ORANGE666Posted 8/31/2011 12:42:31 PM
No, it would make sense if the analog was below the D-Pad. You have to take your thumb off the analog and then move your hand so you can use the D-Pad. If they followed the PSP format, you could keep your thumb on the analog and then use your index finger on the D-Pad. What was Nintendo thinking?
#4BadassZettaPosted 8/31/2011 12:49:29 PM
Hate to agree with anything saying the PSP did something better, but yeah.
So silly having the slide pad above the dpad.
---
Pleinair never pays taxes.
#5mrfatcatmiedPosted 8/31/2011 1:00:00 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
No, it would make sense if the analog was below the D-Pad. You have to take your thumb off the analog and then move your hand so you can use the D-Pad. If they followed the PSP format, you could keep your thumb on the analog and then use your index finger on the D-Pad. What was Nintendo thinking?

That's really awkward. I always use my thumbs to press buttons unless it's a trigger, so I'm used to moving my thumb in the middle of gameplay to press a button.
---
Level is the unofficial pony board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/42-level
#6mrekliPosted 8/31/2011 1:02:57 PM
If the D-Pad was above the Circle Pad, i would not have bought the 3DS. Do you guys hate your hands that much? That is such an unnatural movement. I hated the PSP's layout. At least with the Vita, they'll be sticks so it tilts and moves more comfortably.
---
3DS: 3007-8091-3598
Funtimes at Sega High.
#7ORANGE666Posted 8/31/2011 1:12:48 PM
mrfatcatmied posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

That's really awkward. I always use my thumbs to press buttons unless it's a trigger, so I'm used to moving my thumb in the middle of gameplay to press a button.

If you're playing a game like Monster Hunter, are you going stop moving just to move the camera around?

mrekli posted...
If the D-Pad was above the Circle Pad, i would not have bought the 3DS. Do you guys hate your hands that much? That is such an unnatural movement. I hated the PSP's layout. At least with the Vita, they'll be sticks so it tilts and moves more comfortably.

The 3DS is worse. Try using the Circle pad and the D-Pad at the same time. You can't
#8mrekliPosted 8/31/2011 1:17:06 PM
ORANGE666 posted...

mrekli posted...

The 3DS is worse. Try using the Circle pad and the D-Pad at the same time. You can't

I can, sliding is easier than pressing with an awkwardly positioned index finger.
---
Funtimes at Sega High.
#9mrekliPosted 8/31/2011 1:19:53 PM
Even so, a FPS game could be catered to the control type. The CODs on DS worked, Metroid worked, Moon worked.

Goldeneye for N64 worked. Solitare style.
---
Funtimes at Sega High.
#10djmaster1994Posted 8/31/2011 1:22:09 PM(edited)
Gamecube controller control stick above D-Pad and what difference does it make nothing. It's not racings game so whats so hard moving you sum down on inch. Besides GYROSCOPE will make work see LoZ:OoT 3D bow aiming.
---
POKEMON WHITE FC: 5243-1301-6395