I feel as though Nintendo screwed up when deciding to release OoT 3D

#1GloryChaosPosted 8/31/2011 12:24:05 PM
I like Ocarina of Time and everything, but I just don't feel that a port was the best thing to release early on in the system's life time. My pipe dream as to what Nintendo could have done, what would have made me attempt to purchase a 3DS before release....

Would be Link to the Past 3D. It would be a full 3D remake of Link to the past...in 3D, on the 3DS! The people who may have known about Lttp, but never played it would get a completely new experience, and those who did play it would have every reason to buy this one. Why wouldn't you want to explore a 3D remake of an old game you've already played...in 3D?! Who wouldn't want to fight 3D rendered boss battles against Trinexx and the Helmaroc King in 3D?! Just as they're doing with Starfox, they could use this opportunity to orchestrate the music tracks too!

Plus, it's the third Zelda game...in 3D...on the 3DS! And it would be it's third release (not counting the virtual console)!

OoT 3d isn't a bad game and was probably well worth the buy for those who got it, but it's not really something one can get hyped up for when looking for games on a new system. Lttp may not be heralded as the best Zelda game ever, but still.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
#2FoofyheadPosted 8/31/2011 12:29:21 PM
I feel as though you are wrong.
---
But know this much is true: No matter what I do, no matter what I say, offend in every way.
#3Blood_NightsPosted 8/31/2011 12:31:59 PM
I agree with his feeling of your wrongness. They couldn't have picked a better time. A new system, plus a remake of a classic Zelda game, ON Zelda's 25th anniversary year at that? This system was basically built for Zelda at this point. *hordes his Zelda games close, laughing evily*
---
I smell of cheap cigarettes and Whiskey. Can you blame me?
#4GloryChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 12:33:49 PM(edited)
You could give me some reasons why you think so.

OoT 3D isn't a remake though. It's a port with no additional content that we haven't seen before, aside from boss battles. I still own my original cartridge, and I can easily get my hands on the gamecube collection CD. Why would I buy this?
---
#5FoofyheadPosted 8/31/2011 12:39:01 PM
A great game, portable.

3D, looks much better than the 64 and GC versions.

Really, you should be giving us reasons why it wasn't a good idea.

You could give me reasons why you think so.

Instead, you gave reasons why you think LttP should have been the Zelda game on a 3DS cart.
---
But know this much is true: No matter what I do, no matter what I say, offend in every way.
#6LightHawKnightPosted 8/31/2011 12:40:08 PM

I feel as though you are wrong.

This.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#7GloryChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 12:41:11 PM
Really, you should be giving us reasons why it wasn't a good idea.

I don't think it was a bad idea. It was fine. I just think that the Lttp thing could have been an even better one. The topic title doesn't accurately describe the post, but people are more likely to skip over topics if they don't adamantly disagree with them.
---
#8FoofyheadPosted 8/31/2011 1:12:47 PM
LttP will come out eventually to the 3DS, but it will be downloadable.

Quote me on this.
---
#9FishbulbPosted 8/31/2011 1:17:34 PM
I feel you're wrong too. Why? Link to the past was a key release for the freakin GBA. It's already out on a Nintendo portable.

This is 2011, IMO even a re-make of OOT was too retro as a killer system seller. They should have made a NEW Zelda or at least Wind Waker in 3D.
---
Everything that is not forbidden should be mandatory.
#10GloryChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 1:30:42 PM
LttP will come out eventually to the 3DS, but it will be downloadable.

I believe you. Unfortunately, it won't be a remake done in the style of 3D Zelda games...
---