Man, I forgot how bad Zelda II was.

#31LightHawKnightPosted 9/1/2011 7:44:05 AM
Ah todays spoonfed generation, can't even beat a game with difficulty.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#32Bahamut_10thPosted 9/1/2011 7:45:27 AM
LightHawKnight posted...

Blame the mentality of most designers today.
---
I have no signature. You're reading nothing.
#33trenkenPosted 9/1/2011 7:51:52 AM
lizard81288 posted...
Until I played it. I like the random fireballs that fly around and are hard/annoying to block/dodge. /s
I made it to the first dungeon and just stopped. How did this game get picked?!

I hope they don't blow it with the GBA games.

If you are old enough to have been gaming when this came out, then you would know you are not alone. This game was absolutely HATED when it came out. All the magazines like Gamepro and EGM just murdered it. Hell I even remember Nintendo Power hating this game.

It was a huge mistake for them to try this with Zelda, so they fixed it with ALTTP.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#34trenkenPosted 9/1/2011 7:54:49 AM
LightHawKnight posted...

Typical smug response.

There is a difference between a difficult, but fair game, and a game with awful design.

Ninja Gaiden on the xbox is notorious for being brutally difficult, UNTIL you learn how to play properly. The game is never cheap or annoying.

Now compare that to this awful game that pretty much most people in the world hate. Totally different.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#35CraddaPoostaPosted 9/1/2011 7:55:45 AM
Zelda II was awesome. It still IS awesome. Even if they completely departed from the entire feel of the top-down 2D Zelda titles, it was only the third Zelda title to ever be released.

I am grateful to have grown up in the 8-bit era. It makes me appreciate the actual fun factor of games a lot more. Not only was Zelda II 'Nintendo Hard', it was an incredibly expansive and large game for its time, and I'd rather play it than any of the crappy FPS games on XboX 360, or all the shovelware on the DS or Wii.

If there aren't FMV's, Achievements, online play and DLC, kids just don't care about it. That's tragic.
---
Remember, kids. It's the internet. You have no rights.
#36LightHawKnightPosted 9/1/2011 8:57:12 AM

Typical smug response.

There is a difference between a difficult, but fair game, and a game with awful design.

Ninja Gaiden on the xbox is notorious for being brutally difficult, UNTIL you learn how to play properly. The game is never cheap or annoying.

Now compare that to this awful game that pretty much most people in the world hate. Totally different.

You do realize that any game you learn how to play becomes easy right? Including this one, you seemed to not even given the game a chance and learn how to play before going oh crap it is awful cause I suck so much ass at it.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#37surferguy7Posted 9/1/2011 9:07:50 AM
I've actually started playing through Zelda II about 5 days ago before I knew it was going to be an Ambassador game. I've picked up and played the game on the Collector's Edition a few times before, but I've never gotten past the 1st Palace.

It's hard at first, but get used to the controls, get skilled at jumping, and grab the power-ups around the field and town, it'll make it much easier. In fact, I'm having fun with the game right now, but I still think that the spazzy movements of some enemies is completely unfair.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#38Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 9/1/2011 9:19:30 AM
gamers hate anything that is different. Zelda 2 is a great game but it is a hard mother f***er. Actually was one of the first games i ever played when I was a little kid so I love it even though it beats me.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
eep opp ork ah ah