Nintendo Really Likes the Original Metroid, huh?

#1deadpool_legendPosted 9/1/2011 12:26:47 AM
First we got it for free if you had Metroid Prime and Fusion, then it came with Metroid Zero Mission, and then it was released onto the virtual console, and now it's an ambassador title. They really want this game to be played! haha
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#2PK_Omega_XPosted 9/1/2011 12:28:04 AM
its in animal crossing gamecube as well
#3Hero3zizPosted 9/1/2011 12:34:40 AM
According to reviews, super metriod is better than the original metriod in every way, so i think nintendo should've put super metriod in the ambassador program instead (yea its a snes not a nes game)
---
True Ambassador of the 3DS.
Muslim and proud.
#4deadpool_legend(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 12:52:52 AM
Ah. Completely forgot about Animal Crossing.

Well, yeah Super Metroid is considered by a lot of people to be one of the best games of all time. I was raised with like the n64 so I'm horrible at older games, but even I enjoyed Super Metroid and it was like the only SNES game I've finished. It would be cool to have it as an ambassador title but again, it was already released on the Wii's virtual console too.
---
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#5PinchekriaPosted 9/1/2011 12:56:47 AM(edited)
They love the Zelda series more...
---
PSN/Xbox Live/Steam: Pinchekria
http://i.imgur.com/X871v.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Cwrha.jpg
#6Big_IsaacPosted 9/1/2011 12:59:40 AM
don't forget that Zero Mission is a remake of Metroid 1
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 6, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 7, XII: 9
#7GTMPosted 9/1/2011 1:00:16 AM
Also was a GBA "Nes Classic"
---
Growlithe-Tackling Mantine - Go To Meowth - Gardevoir + Mamoswine
Woo Woo Woo! You Know It!
#8Godstriker8Posted 9/1/2011 1:16:31 AM
I hate the 1st metroid. I was all excited to play it for the first time after unlocking it in Zero Mission, and I found out immediately you couldn't crouch shot. So I turned it off. All the other metorids are so make the 1st one look terrible because of the gameplay refinements.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
If you believe in Zeus, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#9YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 9/1/2011 1:29:06 AM(edited)

deadpool_legend
Posted 9/1/2011 3:52:52 AM
message detail
Ah. Completely forgot about Animal Crossing.

Well, yeah Super Metroid is considered by a lot of people to be one of the best games of all time. I was raised with like the n64 so I'm horrible at older games, but even I enjoyed Super Metroid and it was like the only SNES game I've finished. It would be cool to have it as an ambassador title but again, it was already released on the Wii's virtual console too.
---
-Deadpool, Issue #3

You know the Wii is a console and 3DS is a handheld and Super Metroid hasnt been released on a handheld YET except through emulation on PSP and DS.

Main reason alot of us want Super Metroid on 3DS VC or 3D Classics is cause its basically Super Metroid on the GO, also Metroid has been released on GBA twice and 3DS once, while SM has only been released on Wii and thats a console, NOT a handheld.

Sorry if I sounded like an ass but you cant play Wii VC games on 3DS.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#10AP3BrainPosted 9/1/2011 1:32:01 AM
Metroid is awesome so its fine to me they keep giving it away! But yeah Super Metroid improves on so much like a real sequel should. Super Metroid is probably my favorite side scroller ever.