Nintendo Really Likes the Original Metroid, huh?

#11SquareSidePosted 9/1/2011 3:30:00 AM
Nintendo chose games that are decent to make free. Not over the top, not terrible. They want to make money with the really popular games. And these games would most likely have mediocre sales(not saying that's bad). Super Metroid and Mario 3 are the big money ones.
---
PSN/XBL - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#12VyersPosted 9/1/2011 3:42:55 AM
I still think that Nintendo should have put at least Kirby's Adventure up for NES instead of tripe like Yoshi. Or at least Wario's Woods in its place.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#13Aarosmashguy27Posted 9/1/2011 3:53:04 AM
I just wanted to say that Metroid is NOT in the GC animal crossing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKdrjdLjt0
#14GogglesFrogPosted 9/1/2011 4:39:47 AM
The fact that they never ported Super Metroid to the GBA or DS is appalling
---
"....teaching them to observe all thing I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." -Jesus.
#15leeko_linkPosted 9/1/2011 4:47:56 AM
"The fact that they never ported Super Metroid to the GBA or DS is appalling"

The other fact was that Nintendo never touch on Metroid II at all, that is the only Metroid game that definitely need a remake after the original Metroid.
#16KGTriggerPosted 9/1/2011 4:52:30 AM

deadpool_legend
Posted 9/1/2011 3:52:52 AM
message detail
Ah. Completely forgot about Animal Crossing.

Well, yeah Super Metroid is considered by a lot of people to be one of the best games of all time. I was raised with like the n64 so I'm horrible at older games, but even I enjoyed Super Metroid and it was like the only SNES game I've finished. It would be cool to have it as an ambassador title but again, it was already released on the Wii's virtual console too.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3

You know the Wii is a console and 3DS is a handheld and Super Metroid hasnt been released on a handheld YET except through emulation on PSP and DS.

Main reason alot of us want Super Metroid on 3DS VC or 3D Classics is cause its basically Super Metroid on the GO, also Metroid has been released on GBA twice and 3DS once, while SM has only been released on Wii and thats a console, NOT a handheld.

Sorry if I sounded like an ass but you cant play Wii VC games on 3DS.

No, but everyone would want to. They would be stupid not to be SNES games on the 3DS, they would be swimming in money.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#17housemonkeyPosted 9/1/2011 4:58:17 AM
Well I am glad we are the same page with this at least.
---
Nobody's got anything on me, brother, sir. I've been out of the rookers of the milicents for a long time now.
#18helldewPosted 9/1/2011 4:59:03 AM
IIRC you had to use a AR code for some of the NES games in the first animal crossing i dont remember if the first metriod is one of them but i know the first zelda and first mario were.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#19KaiRyusakiPosted 9/1/2011 7:07:22 AM
ITT: We all discover we wont get free NES games in Animal Crossing 3DS

:(
#20SkyCrackersPosted 9/1/2011 7:10:25 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
I hate the 1st metroid. I was all excited to play it for the first time after unlocking it in Zero Mission, and I found out immediately you couldn't crouch shot. So I turned it off.

Very stupid reason to quit playing a game.
---
Best 2D Mario game: Mario vs. Donkey Kong.