256x192 is DS's biggest problem and 400x240 doesn't really made it up

#1fakewarsPosted 9/1/2011 1:53:47 AM
Seeing some 3DS games like RF4 are isometric view even 3DS has graphical power in par with Wii kinda worried me. Don't you think it's isometric because the models will looks jaggy and less detailed in full 3D due to low resolution?
#2DarkKamonGPosted 9/1/2011 1:59:43 AM
Uh, no. They kept isometric because that's the style of the handheld RF games. If people wanted full 3D RF, they'd buy the console games, which sell much less than the handheld ones.

I'm glad they kept it as they did, and I'll enjoy playing it in a few months.
#3pansybadgerPosted 9/1/2011 2:06:08 AM
Who or what is an RF? Just curious :P
---
Currently playing: Mother 3
Next in line: Xenoblade
#4DarkKamonGPosted 9/1/2011 2:14:30 AM
Rune Factory 4, out this year in Japan.

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/3ds/runefactory4/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201106/30045925.html
#5fakewars(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2011 3:41:04 AM
The previous RF games are not isometric because they want to make it different from the console version rather than because DS has not enough power to produce decent full 3D graphics.
Still I'd wish RF5 would be full 3D :(
#6DarkKamonGPosted 9/1/2011 3:55:20 AM
fakewars posted...
The previous RF games are not isometric because they want to make it different from the console version rather than because DS has not enough power to produce decent full 3D graphics.
Still I'd wish RF5 would be full 3D :(

As I said, if RF fans wanted full 3D in the series more than anything then the full 3D console games would sell.

There's certainly many that would love so see a handheld RF that looks like Frontier or Oceans, but it's unnecessary, and I like being able to see a good distance around me. I'd rather they spend their time on upgrading the systems, which they're doing.

They can focus on graphics once they've perfected the games systems. Whether that'll be RF5 or not, who knows. Even then, I'd prefer it remain isometric and simply zoom in during cutscenes; something RF4 also does.