So Nintendo is trying to win back their fans' trust by...

#21punk paul43Posted 9/1/2011 4:29:17 AM
No_Name_Steve posted...
punk paul43 posted...
No_Name_Steve posted...
ITT: You can't criticize free stuff. Beggars can't be choosers

i dont get the relevance between criticizing free stuff and begging for or choosing anything... we didnt ask/beg for nor got to choose these games, we just got them, And now since we own them we should feel free to give our opinions of them.

It's more the fact that they have offered us these games for free. You can't complain about something you got free. That's just complaining for the sake of complaining. Do you complain about the free hand outs you get at parades or festivals? No, because they are free. You did not work for these freebies so therefore do not have the right to complain about them. Besides, what ever happened to 'It's the thought that counts'?

anyways hes not even really criticizing the game, hes criticizing Nintendo for their silly gimmick of giving us a few games in hopes to make up for the awful launch/more than half a year in game lineup and the recent price drop. and they dont even give all the "freebies" at once, they are just drawing it out as long as possible to ensure we dont return our consoles, since that would be bad for nintendo.

It's not a gimmick to give someone a gift. Nintendo has handed out these games to early adopters, because most of them will have been Nintendo fans. They're basically saying:
"Ya know what guys, for buying this system early and showing you support, we'll give you these classics for free, something that later buyers of the 3DS will have to pay for. Thanks!"
Also, they haven't given us all the games at one time, not because they don't want us to sell the system (which they still don't want), but because it takes time to develop emulators for these games. And who has time to play 20 games all at one time? They've given us a chance to play through the NES games, so we can enjoy the GBA games later.

I acknowledge you said you enjoy these games, but I figured I should explain what you don't understand.

PS... I am no Nintendo fanboy, I just don't understand why anyone would knock free stuff???

so if someone gave you a free pile of crap you wouldnt be dissappointed? not saying this games are crap, but by the logic of your last line that would be the case.

and no it really doesn't take that long to develop a emulator for nintendo, and it would take even less time if they just ported the virtual console from the wii. they just chose the easiest system for develop for gave us a couple of classics and hope it holds us off until some actual good game releases.
---
balls
#22Grandy12Posted 9/1/2011 4:31:15 AM
strike42 posted...
X1185 posted...
ITT: Someone complains about getting free stuff.

ITT: nintendo fanboys who think you can't criticize free things or anything that nintendo does.

Oh, you can criticise free stuff.

It's just anyone who does it comes out sounding like a jerk.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#23pikachupwnagePosted 9/1/2011 4:31:16 AM
punk paul43 posted...
No_Name_Steve posted...
punk paul43 posted...
No_Name_Steve posted...
ITT:
so if someone gave you a free pile of crap you wouldnt be dissappointed? not saying this games are crap, but by the logic of your last line that would be the case.

and no it really doesn't take that long to develop a emulator for nintendo, and it would take even less time if they just ported the virtual console from the wii. they just chose the easiest system for develop for gave us a couple of classics and hope it holds us off until some actual good game releases.

None of the games(cept maybe golf) are crap. also good games ARE out. gte OOT3D ghost recon shadow wars,street fighter and pac man and galaga.
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador. member of the ELN
#24pikachupwnagePosted 9/1/2011 4:33:47 AM
Grandy12 posted...
strike42 posted...
X1185 posted...
ITT: Someone complains about getting free stuff.

ITT: nintendo fanboys who think you can't criticize free things or anything that nintendo does.

Oh, you can criticise free stuff.

It's just anyone who does it comes out sounding like a jerk.

*high fives grandy12*

you hit it dead center.
---
Wii U.... just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador. member of the ELN
#25punk paul43Posted 9/1/2011 4:35:57 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
punk paul43 posted...
No_Name_Steve posted...
punk paul43 posted...
No_Name_Steve posted...
ITT:

None of the games(cept maybe golf) are crap. also good games ARE out. gte OOT3D ghost recon shadow wars,street fighter and pac man and galaga.

oh yay for remakes and pacman. they shall be the savior of the 3ds for sure!

and btw golf was awesome, and is one of the ones i still own till this day and play, on my nes. and did you even read my second sentence? i said NOT SAYING THESE GAMES ARE CRAP. i was just saying that because of his logic.
---
balls
#26No_Name_StevePosted 9/1/2011 4:41:06 AM(edited)
punk paul43 posted...

Ok, fair point. Though I would be more disgusted that someone thought it would be a good idea to give out a free pile of crap >_> than disappointed I got it free.

EDIT: Forgot to address second half of your post

I was mainly aiming at the "who has time to play 20 games at once" part. But whatever

---
I'm Aussie. U Jelly?
#27punk paul43Posted 9/1/2011 4:38:43 AM
No_Name_Steve posted...
punk paul43 posted...

Ok, fair point. Though I would be more disgusted that someone thought it would be a good idea to give out a free pile of crap >_> than disappointed I got it free.

yeah sorry for the bad analogy lol XD been watching too much avgn
---
balls